double adhesive tape to mount radio box?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Guys, does anyone just use double stick tape to mount there radio box? Ive got some 3m industrial stuff here and was going to use it to mount my PT SS21 front radio box to the hull. Anyone do this?

yep, i use it in my tunnels. they have been flipped, submerged and <_< . about 3/4" square front and back holds great.

i use the thin stuff.

tim

Novak has some thick clear silcone stuff that is suposed to be fuel proof. Becomes very hard to remove tho, I mean almost permanant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, this is 3m VHB, the clear stuff, with red label. Ive got 3 3 inch strips on the bottom, I cant pull it off the boat, so I assume it will be fine. Also, since it is in front of the motor/pipe, im going to guess that 95% of the fuel will be behind the box, so it should be fine. I guess we will see eh?

Do not use the stuff I used... Pulled the wood apart on my last radio box..... I like to use silicone that stays soft but adhesive, so you can cut it out if need be... All depends on how the box goes into the hull.

Used Velcro for a long time it worked fine now on my outboards i silicone them down and my sport40 just use rubber bands

I overdo things, but i wouldnt trust anything less than some kind of locating blocks with at least screw eyes and rubber bands to be sure the radio box doesnt move around at all....the best and most precise servos in the world arent worth 2 cents if the radio box is moving around in the boat even a 1/16 of an inch....yes i am a little over the top about things like that!! :)

I have always used silicone. When you want to remove it from the boat, just use dental floss. Pull it from end to the other. Cuts right through the silicone and the rest can be pulled off after the box is loose.

Mike

I overdo things, but i wouldnt trust anything less than some kind of locating blocks with at least screw eyes and rubber bands to be sure the radio box doesnt move around at all....the best and most precise servos in the world arent worth 2 cents if the radio box is moving around in the boat even a 1/16 of an inch....yes i am a little over the top about things like that!! :)

YA THINK ????????

Last edited by a moderator:

YA THINK ????????

LMAO-

Dang it-

Beat me too it :blink: :p :p :p

Back