Don Ferrette

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****, that aint no slouch. Good looking boat Don! Good luck at the Gas Nats.

~James

KP was right, that thing was a little above average.mb

Honestly that boat is anything but average. It is exceptionally fast and stable. It is essentially a 90 Roadrunner nitro rigger of an proven design for years adapted for gas. Glides over the water, turns like a nitro rigger with the same stability. Don has done his work and did it very well. It was absolutely outstanding better than any gas rigger than I have seen yet. The real challenge is for anyone to try and match it!

Would someone get that brown spot off of John's nose please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must tell you I saw Don run his rigger at the gas NAts this weekend and I have to pay him a compliment,not only can he drive but his boat was flawless. If my district ran this class I would definately purchase one from him. This boat handles what ever was thrown it's way. And Don can tell you the race conditions not easy. Jerry

Don, would you share some prop sizes that have worked for you.Mike B
Sure! 1667 pitched up, H50, 6717/3, 6518/3 all worked well. The 1667 pitched was the fastest (by a little) but the 6717/3 was the smoothest overall to drive, just about as fast as the 1667. B)

Don,

You need to try a 2716 with a 15 degree rake, or a 2816 reduced a touch.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got a chance to run the Jag/Zenoah that I have been working on, I must have a little more smoke in my motor than you do, I worked my way up to a 2176/3, and I feel like it would pull some more. 6717-18-19 all ran out of acceleration too quickly out of the corner. I have a group of 1475's with several different pitches from the low to mid 6" range that I need to try next time, but for now , so far so good. Run your's any since the gas nats?

mb

Back