Does anyone have experience with the #275 Stainless Prather Prop..?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilga12

I'm wanting to find out if my OPS .90( In GOOD tune) will likely turn the two blade SS Prather #275 up to a speed (RPM) that suits the .90 OPS..? In direct drive,...Of course..?

Also,... Is there a way to capture the highest RPM of a particular pass,... so the info can be retrieved when the boat gets back to shore..?

Thanks so much for your collective knowledge guys,.................................Dave..

I'm wanting to find out if my OPS .90( In GOOD tune) will likely turn the two blade SS Prather #275 up to a speed (RPM) that suits the .90 OPS..? In direct drive,...Of course..?  

Also,... Is there a way to capture the highest RPM of a particular pass,... so the info can be retrieved when the boat gets back to shore..?

Thanks so much for your collective knowledge guys,.................................Dave..
Most mfgers will have a Spec props for a paticular Hull design. being you are taking TWIN, Man I love the Twins....... If the prop shaft center lines are approx 3 - 3 1/4 you can pull a little more prop than a single engine application. What Hull design is it? Who is the mfger? Do they spec a prop for that same Hull in a Single engine application? Props differ in the ability to Lift & push the boat to the desired speed. So the bench mark prop the mfger has Chose (Maybe the single engine aplication or Twin) has the correct amount of lift, This will determine the ride attitude of the Hull. X467 Octura`s on a twin cat Would carry you around the Pond @ a Very Good rate of Speed. Possible to run 70mph if trimmed correctly. Are you experienced with TWINS?? They can be very diffucult if you have not mastered the Single engine application yet?? Some of the other boaters that Run Garmin GPs can tell you how to read your fastest MPH on GPS...... Jw

Last edited by a moderator:
Back