District 4 Winter Meeting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duke.. re-check a few of those dates for me if you would.. the June dates seem screwey~

Grim
Thanks Mike.

Are you interested in boating this year???????

1/8 scale registration looks good so far. Glue that sponson bottom back on yet? Oberto back on-line for 2016?

Hope to see you at a race or two-or more this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does Scale registration work for you guys . I'm in D14 and would like to race with you guys for the Sport 20/ Sport 40 race?

Marquette club is thinking about hosting gas only plus 1/8 scale race may 14 or 15. Any Feedback on that idea? More race less wait.

Thanks duke.. yea.. it said like june 2nd or something... just wanted to make sure so I can get on our club calendar.

I hope to make a few more races this year. I picked up a new sponsor and would like to get a chance to tune and work with the product.

The 82-U55 is not rebuilt. I doubt it will make the 2016 seasion. I have WAY to many other projects (heli nats) that I have to complete.

Take care

Grimracer

How does Scale registration work for you guys . I'm in D14 and would like to race with you guys for the Sport 20/ Sport 40 race?
Sam,

As long as you are registered in D14, you can race 1/8 scale in D4. That is per IMPBA rules "A boat registered in one District may race in any District."

If you want to race for season high points traveling trophy, we prefer the boat to be registered within District. I don't think there is a "formal' policy on this. It has never come up, All scales have been D4 the last few years.

I have a IW post for scale registration for D4 boats.

We have 3 new boats on the water for 2016.

Should be fun.

Hope this helped

Duke

Sport 20/Sport 40 has no registrations.

THanks. I just sent you a PM.

I don't want to race for High Points. Just want to race out of my district more.

I don't want to race for High Points. Just want to race out of my district more.
Replied to PM.

We could use some more sport 20 and sport 40's racing in D4. Our pond is well protected from wind and is a great coarse for the sport boats.

Thanks for the interest.

Replied to PM.

We could use some more sport 20 and sport 40's racing in D4. Our pond is well protected from wind and is a great coarse for the sport boats.

Thanks for the interest.
Duke,

I've got my sport 20 on the drawing table, so you can count me in for this class, along with my usual hydro and tunnel classes. I think Larry H will be racing my old Circus Circus this season as well.

Replied to PM.

Thanks for the interest.
Duke, I've got my sport 20 on the drawing table, so you can count me in for this class, along with my usual hydro and tunnel classes. I think Larry H will be racing my old Circus Circus this season as well.
It will be great to see you back on the water in 2016.

It's official. The Marquette club is adding a race Sunday may 15th at the st Anne pond. This race will include all Gas classes and 1/8 scale nitro plus open mono and open rigger. The open classes are open to both nitro and gas. The idea here is to get more racing heats completed in an afternoon. Also with the gas nats only 4 hrs away this will give guys going an extra event to get ready. Shooting for 4 rounds.

How many people plan on going to the gas nationals and would you race the weekend before?
There is a descent amount going from this district. I don't think they would race the weekend before. Most will leave Tuesday afternoon. I don't know exact number attending.

To Brad and the other Oshkosh members:

Join the Badger Club. You are not any farther from the pond than Jeff C and I. We are on the other side of Madison.

We got a strong club and a pond dedicated to RC Boats that can be used any day of the week.

Doug

Something else to think about.

Our RC boating community and clubs are all small. Most of them are several miles away from each other. Be sure to support your local club by getting involved in that club. Take a role in the club and make all attempts to be a part. The strength of our RC boat racing hobby comes from local support and BUILDING your local club to its fullest.

Be a part of YOUR LOCAL club FIRST.. then support the other clubs by attending races as you can.

It’s a win win.

Grimracer

Good stuff Grim.

In the case of Oshkosh, they continue to battle keeping a pond to run on. Big problem when running on public owned water. Then the battle begins to wear on the guy's trying to keep it going. Then the club shatters. Had a few direct conversations on the matter. In this case it may be beneficial to keep a strong club with private water, getting stronger, rather than RC Boaters walking away from the hobby.

Doug

Good point.. in this silly game of toy boats.. one has to "expose ones self" as much as you can.. the club has to make contact with the right people to solve pond issues.

Some times it by hard work.. some times luck.. never the less its does little good to give up!

Grim

Not giving up on the club yet, hoping to try to give new blood to it. Its just hard to get the membership plenty of people around with boats, but to get them to join the club and pay impba is another thing. I guess club members are the only ones that are suppose be able to use the pond, but I don't think it was inforced in sometime. Not sure if this is possible but a few of us have come up with the idea of doing a open water/ cookout on our race day kind of a fun layed back day, or if anyone would come.

Back