Dist 14 Madison In. Dennis Holt Memorial

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Don and Sandra,

Put me down for B Sport Tunnel ch 71

Sport 40 ch 81

Thanks, Mike Starrett

Come On 20 sport tunnels.I don't what to run by myself.Step it up.Sorry Mike I didn't see your post.We need one more for a class.

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Come On 20 sport tunnels.I don't what to run by myself.Step it up.Sorry Mike I didn't see your post.We need one more for a class.

Dave Roach
Jeff Schindler RTR,B-Sport Tunnel and sport 40 all on 2.4 Mike Schindler RTR,B-Sport Tunnel and Sport 40 all on A-3 Orange.... Long drive we may be running a tad late What time you starting the races?

Drivers meeting will be held at 9:30 with racing to start at 10:00.

Mikey get here when you can.

Okay time to update my list.

The order you see here is the order the race will be ran.

1/8th Scale

Joe Peters

Doug Shepherd

Chris Thornton

RTR

Amber Dunlap

Tammy Dunlap

Nathan McKay

Chris Thornton

Brandon/Jason White

Monica Swisher

Randy Cartright

Jeff Schindler

Mike Schindler

Sport 20

Joe Peters

Dave Roach

Jason/ Brandon White

Randall Cartright

Sport 40

Mike Starrot

Jeff Schindler

Mike Schindler

Sport Gas Hydro

Don McKay

David Swisher

Israel Walker

B Sport Tunnel

Dave Roach

Mike Starrot

Monica Swisher

Jeff Schindler

Mike Schindler

Thunderboat

Mike Bird

David Boley

Wayne Dunlap

Don McKay

Joe Peters

Doug Shepherd

Chris Thornton

Mike Walker

David Swisher

Israel Walker

David Boley

Gas Cat

NONE

Open Hydro

Joe Peters

David Boley

Okay so just because your name is listed here does not mean you cannot come. I am hold open registration until about 9am. If we have three boats we will run that class.

Rocky are you bringing anything to run. You asked about Gas Cat I added it but have no entries as of yet that doesn't mean it won't happen just need 3 to run.

Looking forward to this weekend guys. Thanks for letting me know you are coming it makes registering quicker and will help me to set the first round.

We will be running a modified shot out with 4 rounds of racing. With a winner takes all for Scale and our First annual ServPro Dash for Gas with the top 5 thunderboats.

Sandra

Yep I am bringing it. If it doesnt make then I will help you all for the day no big deal one way or the other.

Sandra I need a clarification on an rtr rule that you all have. If i were to bring my 8 year old son to race in the rtr class for the first time or even if it is his first year racing, I wouldnt be allowed to touch the transmitter. I kinda understand the holding part and doing the driving but if the child gets in trouble and loses control of the boat I as a parent wouldn't be allowed to touch the controller to help get the boat back under control and possibly lose a 300.00 boat and maybe damage other boats. Just some clarification on this please!

Okay Let me see if I can help Clarify this.

As far as I know the IMPBA Rule of racing is that only the driver is allowed to touch the transmitter during the race. That being said I too understand about not wanting to loose 300.00. I nor the club have any problem with a parent standing behind their child who is racing for the first year and being there to prevent damage. I think in the RTR Class this is very acceptable. As long as it is the child driving and the parent reaching in only to correct in order to prevent damage to their boat or somebody's boat. However if the parent takes complete control of the driving of the boat at all times that will not be allowed. I know that sometimes when learning you need someone more seasoned to help you drive as my husband helped my son. So on Saturday if you have a younger child who is racing RTR and it is their first year then Yes the parent may stand behind the child as the child drives and the parent may touch the transmitter to help correct something. But once the correction is made the parent should remove their hand and let the child continue to drive. This is how we learn.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Sandra

By the way that rule is on page G-6 top section number 9. Ok that does help. thanks!

Okay Let me see if I can help Clarify this.

As far as I know the IMPBA Rule of racing is that only the driver is allowed to touch the transmitter during the race. That being said I too understand about not wanting to loose 300.00. I nor the club have any problem with a parent standing behind their child who is racing for the first year and being there to prevent damage. I think in the RTR Class this is very acceptable. As long as it is the child driving and the parent reaching in only to correct in order to prevent damage to their boat or somebody's boat. However if the parent takes complete control of the driving of the boat at all times that will not be allowed. I know that sometimes when learning you need someone more seasoned to help you drive as my husband helped my son. So on Saturday if you have a younger child who is racing RTR and it is their first year then Yes the parent may stand behind the child as the child drives and the parent may touch the transmitter to help correct something. But once the correction is made the parent should remove their hand and let the child continue to drive. This is how we learn.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Sandra
I agree

Nice shot of the boat running,Who"s the movie star in the bottom picture.

Dave Roach

Locked and loaded leaving 5:00 AM Ohio time.See you all there.

Dave Roach

locked and loaded leaving in about 90 minutes. :D Gonna stop at frischs and get breakfast

Madison club put on a great race and nice site.Nice weather to.

Thanks

Dave Roach

Thank you to all the racers who came out to our race. We couldn't have asked Mother Nature for a more perfect day.

I am posting the race results here.

Thanks again guys.

RTR

1st place: Adam Wellman2nd place: Randall Cartright3rd place: Mike Schindler

Sport

1st place: Jeff Schindler2nd place: Mike Schindler3rd place: Mike Starrot

Open Hydro1st place: Joe Peters2nd place: David Boley

Sport 201st place: Dave Roach2nd place: Joe Peters3rd place: Monica Swisher

Sport Gas Hydro1st place: Israel Walker2nd place: Joe Peters3rd Place: David Swisher

B Sport Tunnel1st place: Mike Starrot2nd place: Jeff Schindler3rd place: Adam Wellman

Thunderboat1st place: Doug Shepherd2nd place: Don McKay3rd place: Israel Walker

ServPro Thunderboat Dash For Gas WinnerIsrael Walker

1/8th Scale1st place: Joe Peters2nd place: Doug Shepherd3rd place: Greg Bentley

1/8th Scale Concourse Winner

Greg Bentley

Back