Disappointed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes a .250 bore would be a Custom run as it would not fit on a .250 shaft.

As for Metric bore I do offer that also for many customers

No bore is also available upon request

I am sorry that you are disappointed in my products

Other manufacturers may fit your needs better

To avoid future disappointment its very simple

If you do not like the product line - just don’t buy them

There will be no changes in the manufacturing process

If you want a custom bore size please feel free to contact your reseller for details

Yes a .250 bore would be a Custom run as it would not fit on a .250 shaft.

As for Metric bore I do offer that also for many customers

No bore is also available upon request

I am sorry that you are disappointed in my products

Other manufacturers may fit your needs better

To avoid future disappointment its very simple

If you do not like the product line - just don’t buy them

There will be no changes in the manufacturing process

If you want a custom bore size please feel free to contact your reseller for details
I'm guessing you didn't take the time to read my original post, but that's fine.
I do like your product and appreciate having so many choices for our toy boats and will gladly continue using your product, but to say a prop that is .01 + oversize is OK is just wrong.
Tim Kish

Mr Kish

You have only stated a tolerance factor not a dimension

You also stated because of this result may have negative implications

I am sorry but I believe it is in your best interest not to use my products at all

Because I am not able to meet your tolerance expectations with stock products

Since I have not seen the items in question and was never contacted by you on this issue

I can only suggest that stop using my products and look at other manufacturers for your needs

Mr Kish

I am sorry but I believe it is in your best interest not to use my products at all

Since I have not seen the items in question and was never contacted by you on this issue

I can only suggest that stop using my products and look at other manufacturers for your needs
Jim
As a sign of good faith from a customer I would gladly make you a set of Go no go gauges for free.
PM me if you like and we can discuss sizes and tolerance .
I have forty years of gauging, fixturing and tooling experience and would gladly do that for you.
I would also add, I'm done with this post as I don't see anything productive coming from it.

Tim Kish

I had the exact same issue with CoCr props. They flopped around on the 1/4” shafts like a fish out of water. It was so bad with some castings that I took a video and sent it to them. My concerns fell upon deaf ears so I stopped being a distributor of their product. I could not justify charging my friends in the boating community $130 for a prop that I knew wasn’t perfect.

I wish manufacturers would listed to their customers and at least try to remedy the problem instead of taking the easy way out by telling people not to buy their product.

Standard tolerances on a .250 dimension are +-.005 for an investment casting. A locational fit needs at least .001 clearance with .002 more likely. That means the nominal hole should be .252. To get that the casting hole will be ..252 to .262 with standard tolerances. At the upper limit that might seem loose. To get serious accuracy the hole should be machined.

Lohring Miller

Mr Kish

Jim,
Thanks for all you do. I appreciate a company that is willing to support our dwindling hobby.
Mike

Mr Kish

I've got two that the id is so bad as to **** near shake the transom off

My hydro loves those props. Won't throw them out. Going to try and drill center following the existing cnt hole and then press a peice of 1/4 id brass tube in center. Just hope I left enough to rebalance. Your right get the boat set up for there particular lift carecterists, there fast

Good luck.... because any drill bit will only follow an existing hole...
Yes, would think an elaborate fixture indicating and referencing from certain blade feature and a milling machine would keep things from getting far out of control.

I've never had an ABC prop that was so bad that it caused vibrational radio issues or loosened any hardware. Balancing on a few semi rare occasions can be a challenge and we've found a simple workaround.

Truly, some people are splitting hairs and looking for a level of precision that is not going to gain any significant performance.

Out of all the props I got from Mark S., maybe 2-3 weren't 'perfectly' balanced, but had zero ill effect.

The humorous part of this whole thread is the fact people think their props are balanced on these static balancers. What a joke. How floored they'd be if the saw how wrong they are if dynamically balanced on a 2 plane configuration. Like, for instance, a Micro-Poise as used in the slot car armature application.

Jim Schaefer does one helluva job with his designs and his progressive system- think gear ratios- and at a price, last time I checked, roughly half the raw price of Octura.
Octura does have some nice wheels.

Jim's always made himself available for a marathon tech chat, too....he'll wear your brain out with prop tech, guaranteed.

Yeah, rc boaters have proven to be a special breed.

Happy boating, fella's....grind away.

Jaa,

I don’t think you understand what you are talking about. No other company in the last 25-years has designed and produced 300 or more different propellers for model boater’s period.
If people cannot say something nice or add something positive to this thread then maybe we should lock it down.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund
Props-4-U
An ABC Propeller Dealer For Over 25-Years. And 35-Years In This Great Hobby

Thats exactly what I Wana do ... 35 years cutting metal, think I can handle it. 3/4" plate proper sized hole thru on tramed mill. Using the proper sized die ejector pin to hold on tool cnt line and drill thru then finish ream, all done, important to not move plate once it's drilled. Don't Wana move plate its on spindle cnt. Die pin slides out bottom of plate as dril feeds thru. I'm NOT BAD MOUTHING ABC!!!! I'm sure I got a couple of bad ones.
Good luck.... because any drill bit will only follow an existing hole...

Jaa,

I don’t think you understand what you are talking about. No other company in the last 25-years has designed and produced 300 or more different propellers for model boater’s period.
If people cannot say something nice or add something positive to this thread then maybe we should lock it down.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund
Props-4-U
An ABC Propeller Dealer For Over 25-Years. And 35-Years In This Great Hobby
My intent with this post was to give people a heads up on an issue I had with three props, not to bash ABC props.
I have only seen this issue with the 2719 series prop and I have used a lot of ABC props.
Please lock this down!

Back