Difference between 30C and 70C batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Pun

I have been running 5300mah 30C for a long time on 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, 8S and even upto 18S with very happy results.

Just ordered in some 5300mah 70C on 4,5 & 6 S cells trying to improve running.

Like to have your views on the difference in performance for these two kinds of different C ?

In a perfect world where your packs actually perform as advertised, you should see an increase in performance. How much depends on the quality of the packs you currently run and how hard they are pushed. If amp draw is such that the packs are coming in very warm even though they are not being discharged all the way down, the higher C rated packs will flow the amps more freely so the packs should run cooler and you should have a noticeable increase in performance. If your current packs are not being pushed too hard, the increase in performance will be modest. There are other variables but that's my 2 cents in a nutshell.

Theoretically if your 70c packs can push the amps more freely your amp draw could increase slightly and your run time should be a little bit less. In reality if the packs are from the same manufacturer you probably wont notice and difference in run time. The mah rating is the size of the gas tank.

Just a reality check assuming the ratings are real:

5300 mah at 30C = 159 amps

5300 mah at 70C = 371 amps

I bet your actual current draw is closer to 30C. I've seen over 300 amps on a data logger, but that was for a very short SAW run. The draw for one of my two lap records was below 200 amps with the average around 150 amps.

Lohring Miller

30C are ACE packs

70C Chinese made packs
Most all lipos are Chinese made
default_biggrin.png

what brand did you go with on the 70C packs ?

Back