Detroit area LHS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

All you guys in the detroit area. I'm making a road trip to your side of the state this weekend to finish up on my NEXUS pass interveiw. Are there any LHS in the detroit area that is boat friendly? I'm hopeful that this NEXUS pass thing is the hot ticket to get into Ontario this summer. Thanks

http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/cgi-bi...ack_Information is on Mound at 18 1/2 mile about 7 miles from I696. Its big and has Tons of RC stuff lots of car stuff, and a track but also has an RC boat and slot car room including Aeromarine, Speedmaster, hulls and engines for boats

http://www.prop-shop.com/ is on Van Dyke between 9-10 mile about 2 miles from I-696 smaller selection of Octura parts, flex shafts, Aeromarine stuff and a lot of plane stuff this is an older HS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would second the stop at Larry's. Great place with a lot of good parts. They do have a boat section and carry some insane hardware, Octura and speedmaster parts, etc.

TG

Thanks guys I'm going to try and stop by, but the girl friend says only if the outlet store is the second stop. one quick stop verses many many stores!! is it worth it?? maybe if she buys the beer too....

Whatever happened to the Joe's Hobby Center's that were up that way?
Dick Tyndall

Joe's is still there but their inventory of RC related equipment is very slim compaired to the last few years. They still have the train stuff though.

Mike

Whatever happened to the Joe's Hobby Center's that were up that way?
Dick Tyndall

Joe's is still there but their inventory of RC related equipment is very slim compaired to the last few years. They still have the train stuff though.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. I remember that being a hot spot back 25 plus years when I was flying controline airplanes.

Dick Tyndall

Back