• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Desperately seeking AB 5077B prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudi Arnesen

My son is racing 7,5 offshore and we was testing today and hit something in the water.

One of the blades snap off.

I am therefore looking for a pair of AB Billet prop 5077B

If you have a couple of these I pay well for them

Please shoot me a e-mail

I've got a pair of 5083/3 blades if your interested???
cool.gif

HI

Thanks, but I have 3 of them myself.

That is a great prop, but on my boat thats not the best choice.

rudi, check with alan yuen, he had one for sale. look at gooeycheese's post about wanting a 5077C, lower on the prop swap page.

rudi, check with alan yuen, he had one for sale. look at gooeycheese's post about wanting a 5077C, lower on the prop swap page.
I may have one but cant identify it. Tell me how and I will check it out. I do have the 5083

I am guessing finding replacement props for the billet props Andy made is gonna be very tough. The 5077b Allan had was sold to Terry Flynn and Terry was not interested in selling when we spoke at the race over this past weekend....... Good Luck :)

Thanks for the support

I do believe it will be hard to find, but somebody must have one laying around.

I think these propeller wont last forever. This is the 3 prop that comes apart, and they all break at the same point. At the root of the propeller blade.

Thanks for the support

I do believe it will be hard to find, but somebody must have one laying around.

I think these propeller wont last forever. This is the 3 prop that comes apart, and they all break at the same point. At the root of the propeller blade.
You said your son hit something, that i'll do it every time.
sad.gif

i've had 2 of the 3857's break at the same place as rudi. i think the blades are too thin for the alloy used. too much flex. but, i've got 1 more left B) . i believe i read that andy was doing these first runs as 'proof of concept', & was planning on using a better grade/alloy after the blade profiles were finalized. then the bottom fell out :( .........

I have begun making molds for some of the CNC props so we can make castings.

Let me know what some of you may be looking for.

I don't have a 5077B so if someone has a good one to loan as a pattern that would be great.

Andy,

Just a thought, but If you have the 3D CAD file for it you could always have them printed in wax via stereolithography, then lost wax cast. Also takes care of any shrinkage issues from using a prop as a plug.

Tim

Have no idea what the molding process intails...but I take it one, with one of the three blades broken off, is not going to work?

Rudi,

I think I have one. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. I compared it to the picture Ray put on and I'm almost positive its what you are looking for.

Dave

Rudi,

Let me know if this is what your looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.JPG
    IMG_2522.JPG
    436.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Back