delete

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKCS

With this set up I have a 4-40 rod, but it falls a little short on reaching the carb so I have two rods together. Holding them together in two places are collars, with allen screws in the center. Tighten the screws and the rods stay together.

Is this the norm? It is what came on the old set up and I am making due with what I have. Don't really like the way it looks, but it does work.

Does anyone have a better idea? Or maybe a source to purchase new collars, these are a little rusty and don't give me a "warm and fuzzy".

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this type of setup, but haven't used it. It allows very easy length adjustments. Make sure you use loctite on the set screws. Any self respecting R/C hobby shop should have wheel collars.

I believe that there is/was a kit on the market from Prather(?) that used this type of setup for rudder linkage on outboards. If it can handle the weight of an OB then I can't see why it can't handle a throttle.

I've used this setup on rudders many times. It makes adjustment very easy is plenty strong with at least two collars. Just use a little loctite for insurance.

Most hobby shops have 4-40 rod in at least two foot lengths. This will allow you to use one solid rod. If you just can't find them, I can send you one.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Back