delete

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKCS

I got the pics to load on the photo gallery (skcs gallery, boat building 101). I had to make them smaller, my bust ,need to read the directions on the page.

Still not happy with the throttle link setup, but it will have to do....

Looking for some type of spanner wrench so I can tighten the collet before starting... Will find something to make this happen this week, and hope to have some running pics next weekend...

Thanks agian for all of the input, except the "fill it with water and see if it floats" just for the record, I did that before the installation of parts... to see if it would leak from the inside.... Navy thing.

Decals? Haven't except the American Eagle, but I will locate some when I get home in Oct... American soil, finally after 2 years.

Look forward for some "constructive" comments for the build and any good or bad ideas I will accept, the water exhaust idea I will put in after I find some where to get as 1/4 rivet....

later alligators,

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think the "fill it with water and see if it floats" was a joke. It's a real test. when your boat flips on the water it can fill up pretty bad. if it does not float full of water you will have your boat sink to the bottom. This is honestly a common test actually. IMPBA rules state that it must float full of water and with all compartments open.

Ok, now for the silly question from the "new guy". How is this completed without damage to the equipment?

As for this one sinking, I don't believe it will, but that might have been the thought of many persons who watched their boat sink.

The front is full of foam all the way upto the back of the fuel tank, and the "noodles" on the sides. But then, who knows with these things.

Question for the "wrench" needed to hold the flywheel to tighten the collet. Is there a special wrench, I am sure there is, but what if I am unable to manufacture of find suitable sub? Any pointers as to tightening the colet, I really don't want it spinning off.

Radio range, what is the norm? I have walked to the point of I couldn't see the boat and the servo's were still working.

Beryl

SKCS said:
Ok, now for the silly question from the "new guy".  How is this completed without damage to the equipment?
As for this one sinking, I don't believe it will, but that might have been the thought of many persons who watched their boat sink.

The front is full of foam all the way upto the back of the fuel tank, and the "noodles" on the sides.  But then, who knows with these things.

Question for the "wrench" needed to hold the flywheel to tighten the collet.  Is there a special wrench, I am sure there is, but what if I am unable to manufacture of find suitable sub?  Any pointers as to tightening the colet, I really don't want it spinning off.

Radio range, what is the norm?  I have walked to the point of I couldn't see the boat and the servo's were still working.

Beryl

107439[/snapback]

it sounds like your set for foam. just make sure your radio box is sealed and it should be fine.

the flywheel should have a drilled out hole in it. find something that fits the hole real well...... possibly an allen wrench or a metal rod of some type and tighten away.

with your transmitter antenna down and your boats antenna up you should be able to walk about 100-200 feet away until you have signal problems.

Back