Credit Card Problems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Brown

I just received a call from Bank of America saying my credit card may have compromised. Has anybody else received a notice from their bank lately about their card? The only place I use this card is for on-line purchases of boat stuff. Anybody that buys on-line with their card might want to check their next few statements for fraudulent charges.

DonB

I would call your bank and make sure its legit. U.S. Bank had a thing like this awhile back and it was people fishing for information! They went about it buy email, text and calls. If you called the number they of course would ask for all your info and whala! They had it to go spend...

I believe the call was legit. The message was on my machine when I got home and the number on my caller ID was from Bank of America. They never ask for any information or wanted me to call them back. They said not the use this card and a new one would be here in a few days. About 10 yrs ago I got a call like this from Citi Bank and when the statement came there was a charge on it from Libya for $10,000.

DonB

I believe the call was legit. The message was on my machine when I got home and the number on my caller ID was from Bank of America. They never ask for any information or wanted me to call them back. They said not the use this card and a new one would be here in a few days. About 10 yrs ago I got a call like this from Citi Bank and when the statement came there was a charge on it from Libya for $10,000.

DonB
If I was a thief and saw you walking around with that hat on, I'd try to rob you too. :lol: :lol: Just B B, glad it worked out..............==={}

had it happen 3 or 4 times.they just give you a new card/number.once someone was trying to buy some furniture at a lowes store god knows where.i said nope not me

You can get software to manipulate phones to say anything on a caller ID. If you are being targeted by a pro the possibilities are endless on how they try to get in your pocket.

I got a call from BofA bout a week ago regarding the same thing so I went in to a local branch.my card wasn't compromised but a business I had used my card at was so they issued me a new card

Ray

My daughter Linda made that hat for me. She told me I had to ware it when I deer hunt so I look natural when I am sitting in my tree stand.

DonB

American Express, been a member since 83. If they don't take it, I don't buy it. B) ................==={}
My Amex card was compromised in '05..... someone in England had hijacked the number and my e-mail. Amex tossed over $1300 in charges, sent a new card and I got to keep the subscription to Playboy online that the a-hole bought me... :p

BOA heard you were impersonating a sock monkey thats why they called. Guess its better than a stink bug

Back