Crazy idea from an electric boater... Fuel Injection?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

on two stroke engines like modelracermotor run most full throttle you need no fuel injection. In the 80is i had little contact to Micheal Werner ,two time F1 WC , and a perfect tuner on two stroke motors. He was one of the first who starts with fuelinjection on the Mercury outborder.They idele much moore than most rc motors do.A F1 tunnel need rapid accleration out the corner.Micheal was with the Seebold tunnel the one fighting against the big Evinrude with the smaller 2,4 lit Mercury.By the way Michael told me that the reed valve are not working at full throttle.The incoming airwave hold them open ,belong to the Venturi and the airboxsystem.

For me think moore about a hybrid system the pushe the ic engine during accleration .Does the rules allowe such thing?

The reeds not closing is a very interesting thing.

I have bin heading toward a what some call a 24/7 eng.

I see the 2 stroke eng as a thew system with only the piston to control the timing.

I have run a RS eng on the bench with no disk and it worked good. Had to put my finger over the ex and carb to shut it down.

My thinking is with the right fuel management system and intake setup it would work on are boats.

It seams the throttle being only slightly open is enough back pressure to start the eng.

Now controlling the throttle to open at a prescribed rate controlled by the eng management system and not directly by the trigger on the transmitter may yield good results.

Will do a on water test with the disk removed after the race next month. Will have 3 months to play till racing starts again here in Florida.

I think the benefit will be an easier to run glow engine, not a more powerful one.

Lohring Miller
Exactly. There are so many variables involved with our engines, that getting them all correct, simultaneously, all the time - is close to impossible. My thoughts are not to go for injection in it's pure sense, but to use some of the parameters commonly associated with EFI to make them far more consistent. Some of them, such as head temp regulation /reference, on board glow and fuel pressure regulation are achievable now, but not in conjunction with each other. A logic controller can do this - AUTOMATICALLY.

Back