crapshooter or hummingbird .21 sponson dimensions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yurkanip

Hello. Does anyone have a quick dimension they could post. of the .21 sized front sponsons. I am building a scratch .21 rigger and have a shape in mind that I like, (really love the crapshooter or hummingbird sponson shape) but am not sure where to start.

I am looking for sponson bottom length, width. top length width. and side length, height. I just need a ballpark measurement. I have the AOA and sponson boom tube placement measurements and shape already drawn out that I need.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
stu @ crapshooter boats doesn't build 21 boats.

and i don't think hummingbird is longer made.

but kently porter runs them and could let you know what they are on a hummingbird

his screen name is kzam on here i think

chris

Hummingbird sponsons more closely resemble the sponsons of a Hawk or Ninja. They look nothing like the sponsons on a Blackbird or Blackjack, two .21 boats that resemble a scaled down Crapshooter.

Hummingbird sponsons more closely resemble the sponsons of a Hawk or Ninja. They look nothing like the sponsons on a Blackbird or Blackjack, two .21 boats that resemble a scaled down Crapshooter.

The Hummingbird boat is a very close copy of the Roadrunner and not the Hawk or Ninja. It was built using vacuum forming carbon fiber technology by Jim Benns of Virginia using the shape of the Roadrunner hull and sponsons. Jim is not building them anymore.

The Blackbird, Blackjack, Diamondback, and Warlok 21's are based upon a Crapshooter design. The Jag III, Eagle, Jag, JAE, etc., are all much different designs.

Thanks guys. Do any of you who have .21 boats, (hummingbird roadrunner, etc.) have dimensions that you can send me...either here or private message.

Thanks

Out of respect to the designers of the two boats I own and the untold amounts of time and materials involved to reach the level of performance they achieved, it won't be me. Sorry.
huh.gif

laedco...I wasn't asking for you to send me plans, I think you really misread into things. I was simply asking for some dimensions.....not asking for secrets to win races. I KNOW I am not the only one to ask for dimensions for building purposes. This is a forum I have belonged to simply for the fact that there are builders who have helped me as a builder....and I have passed knowledge on when I was able to.

Thanks.

Hello. Does anyone have a quick dimension they could post. of the .21 sized front sponsons. I am building a scratch .21 rigger and have a shape in mind that I like, (really love the crapshooter or hummingbird sponson shape) but am not sure where to start.

I am looking for sponson bottom length, width. top length width. and side length, height. I just need a ballpark measurement. I have the AOA and sponson boom tube placement measurements and shape already drawn out that I need.

Thanks
Here's some measurements for you...

Bottom length 13 1/2"

Bottom width at ride surface 1 3/4"

Top length 11 1/4"

Top width 1 3/8" at rear

Side length 12 3/4"

Side height 2 1/2"

I get a real kick out of these threads. Just ask the builders where they got their measurements from in the first place. Bet most of them (Blackbird, Blackjack, Diamondback, and Warlok 21's) didn't re-invent the wheel. Good luck with your build. If you need anything else just let me know.

Later, Ron

I get a real kick out of these threads. Just ask the builders where they got their measurements from in the first place. Bet most of them didn't re-invent the wheel. Good luck with your build. If you need anything else just let me know.

Later, Ron

Thanks Ron...I really appreciate the info.

Exactly what I was thinking...I appreciate your input as well, about building. Everyone takes ideas from other builds/builders. All of these secrets...for what?

I will shout if I get into a bind on this build.

The hummingbird is still being made, I called him about 3 month's ago, got a setup sheet and price on a new boat.

Back