Coyote 60/ Gator60?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaselkins

I have picked up a coyote that needs finishing. Have enlisted local help which is very good but would like to know of any setup anyone knows about this rigger.

Sponson distance L/R, Pitch ect. Also looking for a Engine CMB but having hard time finding dealers that answer the phone. If anyone knows S Barrs number please send. Was thinking 81 or 90 size??? Props?? for each? and what pipe for each? Any thing would help, I know its an old design but feel I would be old school fun. Also own a Daytona and would like to know any history about this hull??

I have picked up a coyote that needs finishing. Have enlisted local help which is very good but would like to know of any setup anyone knows about this rigger.Sponson distance L/R, Pitch ect. Also looking for a Engine CMB but having hard time finding dealers that answer the phone. If anyone knows S Barrs number please send. Was thinking 81 or 90 size??? Props?? for each? and what pipe for each? Any thing would help, I know its an old design but feel I would be old school fun. Also own a Daytona and would like to know any history about this hull??
Stus Number.........................317-462-9978...........................Bob

I have picked up a coyote that needs finishing. Have enlisted local help which is very good but would like to know of any setup anyone knows about this rigger.Sponson distance L/R, Pitch ect. Also looking for a Engine CMB but having hard time finding dealers that answer the phone. If anyone knows S Barrs number please send. Was thinking 81 or 90 size??? Props?? for each? and what pipe for each? Any thing would help, I know its an old design but feel I would be old school fun. Also own a Daytona and would like to know any history about this hull??
Here's some good setup info that would prolly work as a base line:

http://rcboat.com/setup.htm

CMB 67 "Green Head" would work well and is bullet proof, the 80's have some "issues".

Octura 1462 and CMB "Fat Belly" pipe at 12" would get you started in the right direction. :D

Here's a Daytona from Phil's gallery:

normal_PinkertDaytona.jpg

IIRC Don started with the Gator (mid 70's), then came the Coyote and finally the Daytona, which I think he called the ground effects machine". :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
i answer the phone during the day, or call you back, i work second shift, so don't call in the evening. i don't answer "toll free" calls

CMB 67 "Green Head" would work well and is bullet proof, the 80's have some "issues".

Octura 1462 to start and CMB "Fat Belly" pipe at 12" would get you started in the right direction. :D

Thanks for that link I have that saved, The Pic must be of a older Daytona mine has a fiberglass tub. Do you really think a .67 would be raceable in an old coyote? was leaning twards the 80-90 size. we are talking about two different boats. The coyote is needing finished. the daytona is complete and awaiting engine which is just going to be a OS 46vrm. Thats what the boat was set up for and I will play with that till the coyote os done. then maybe look for a newer hull for the hardware and engine to go into. (Crawl Then Walk)

IIRC Don started with the Gator (mid 70's), then came the Coyote and finally the Daytona, which I think he called the ground effects machine". :rolleyes:

Walt Barney Tanks 2 You makes nice custom tanks. Look in manufacturers for sale section . I make fiberglass cowls that will clear an "up carb " motor

Octura 1462 and CMB "Fat Belly" pipe at 12" would get you started in the right direction. :D

The Ground effects machine was in between the Gator and the Coyote,then came the Daytona which is a different boat.

Why not just call the boats designer up on the phone. His name in Don Pinckert and live's on the west coast of florida by

Brooksville. I am sure he would love to chat with you about his riggers. When I use to live in that area he came to a lake

that me and my buddy's were testing our own design outrigger. He talk our ear off and I learn a lot from him that day.

Here's his phone number

352-799-0595

med_gallery_4478_646_54131.jpg

"I have 1 of Dons boats & it's called a Coyote Daytona it looks like this"

Brian, Your hull followed the Coyote Daytona series. Don calls it the "Pickle Daytona" CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

Just wanted to thank all who have given input. I have been working hard at the 90 and the 40 should be running in a couple weeks. Have found many helpful folks here and in local hobby shop/dealers. Have enlisted the help of a local that ran twin 90s for some time back in the day. Hope it gets him back into riggers sometime in the future. Im sure there will be more questions. Hoping to get to ATL in april and see some good action.

Just wanted to show how things are going but cant seem to resize the pics

Don't wait till Atlanta , come over to Melbourne and then to the Tampa one day in Gibsonton . This will be my last hurrah for a a while might need some help !!!!!

Don't wait till Atlanta , come over to Melbourne and then to the Tampa one day in Gibsonton . This will be my last hurrah for a a while might need some help !!!!!
Not sure what your talking about waiting, but if you need a hand let me know. My boat wont be running anytime soon

I have 1 of Dons boats & it's called a Coyote Daytona it looks like this
Brian
I'm looking for another one just like this one. If anyone has a boat like this one please let mw know.

-- the paint job.

Thanks,

Brian

Latest posts

Back