Coverting mono 45 seaducer from nitro to gas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GMAT

I have several .45 size seaducer mono hulls and was wondering if there was a gas engine that would fit in the mono hull . I'm not famillar with the gas engines but I have several buddies that want to convert also. Any motor and prop size recommendations and possible speeds would be appreciated .

Mate not sure you would want to convert a 45 (38inch) seaducer to a 23cc gas mono.

Way to much power.

Seen a 42inch seacucer with 23cc petrol in it and it was nuts.

Dave

i still have my 42" gas mono and it ran with a full mod 23 and a p 767/3 octura prop and this boat was very fast(55-60) but not a rough water boat for sure, you want to run a 38" hull with a zenoah?, you will most likely have to add maybe a pound of lead under the motor and experiment with different props, anyone who runs seaducers knows they are prop sensitive. the speeds you are going to get out of this package are going to be fast for sure but when it stuffs it is going to destroy itself

I have several .45 size seaducer mono hulls and was wondering if there was a gas engine that would fit in the mono hull . I'm not famillar with the gas engines but I have several buddies that want to convert also. Any motor and prop size recommendations and possible speeds would be appreciated .
I put a Zen 260 in a Seaduce SD 42" and also a very old SD Seaducer 60-80 boat. This will drive you crazy getting it to work it took me many hours of R&D and lots of changes in boat balance and set up to get it where it would run consistant (2years). When it finally came around there was nothing in the gas mono class that would touch it for shear all out speed. This is not a rough water boat even though I did run it successfully in 15-20 mph winds by itself on the lake. It can be done ,but be prepared for lots of frustration and I don't think it would ever be able to heat race with other gas boats due to the extremely rough water that occurrs after the first 2 laps of heat racing. I did enjoy the challenge and the final outcome of my labor with both boats, as they are awesome to watch running around the course.

I put a Zen 260 in a Seaduce SD 42" and also a very old SD Seaducer 60-80 boat. This will drive you crazy getting it to work it took me many hours of R&D and lots of changes in boat balance and set up to get it where it would run consistant (2years). When it finally came around there was nothing in the gas mono class that would touch it for shear all out speed. This is not a rough water boat even though I did run it successfully in 15-20 mph winds by itself on the lake. It can be done ,but be prepared for lots of frustration and I don't think it would ever be able to heat race with other gas boats due to the extremely rough water that occurrs after the first 2 laps of heat racing. I did enjoy the challenge and the final outcome of my labor with both boats, as they are awesome to watch running around the course.

Funny this comes up.

I have a VERY old school 60/80 surface drive Seaducer thats 40.5 inches long.

And the weight is right in line with the current sub-surface drive B-Mono Seaducer Im running now.

(within ounces)

I have really given some thought to tossing all the .45 stuff on it and see how it did-

I kinda like the fact I already have a cowl for it- and its a little longer (2.5inches) and a little wider

it may just work :unsure:

I could certainly free the hull up a ton and let it eat :p

JERRY ????? :rolleyes:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy

You won't know unless you try it. Some time you find a good set up just by accident.

If you do the same thing every one else dose you get the same thing every one else has.

David

I currently have two seducer 20 sd3 size monos that I run .45 k/b and osmax .46's in .The boats will absolutely scream. We have four guys at the local pond that run monos and these will blow them off the water . I can pass on the outside with no problem . Once in awhile a guest of wind will blow it over backward. I want to put one of those zenoah motors in a 37" seaducer mono and try it . I know it will be a tight fit .

Thanks for all the help

Back