couple questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wood

I got some prop nuts from zipp kits.. holy hell i have never had any this hard to put on. it is all i can do get them down tight on the prop. it isn't worth messing with sending back type of deal.. i was wondering if they are the same place that bill zuber is getting them from.. i need some asap and don't want to order more and have the same deal.

ALSO. magnets. the prop balancer i have has little magnets and the face of them is getting chewed up by my shafts.. does anyone have a place to by them or another solution? they arn't very big

thanks

Hi Chris..

K&J Magnetics is where I get all of my magnets. www.kjmagnetics.com

Steve Ball

I have the Flanged Prop nuts, How many did you need Chris and how fast do you want shipping?

Can send Today.

Tim

BTW: Those style nuts are crimped on one side. If you had some way of crimping them on the other side it may loosen them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks steve will check them out

tim

i will let you know on the nut and shaft situation..

thanks again

I've had a few of the cimped prop nuts that were stupid hard to tighten or loosen. Actually bent my sport 20 tunnel prop trying to install one, ended up with a full degree of pitch stagger between the 2 blades. Just toss the (too) tight ones, not all of them are that tight. I have gone as far as to mount a prop shaft sized bolt in a vise & run prop nuts on & off until they loosened up some, also have used small channel lock pliers to hold the drive dog to tighten the nuts.

Hi Chris,

Get a hold of Norm Doerr here on IW for the best prop nuts I've ever used. Nylon insert 10-32 nut with reduced hex (5/16 nut driver) I sand off the crown of the threads with 400 grit paper so they don't cut the nylon and the nuts last along time.

Thanks, John

chris how many do you need and what size i got some i can send you im in IL so shipping shouldn't take long

eric

can i get 6 of each for 3/16 and 1/4 ?

let me know i can send you an address and let me know how much

Chris, run a tap thru the nut & recrimp to what you like.

Don
default_smile.png

I got some prop nuts from zipp kits.. holy hell i have never had any this hard to put on. it is all i can do get them down tight on the prop. it isn't worth messing with sending back type of deal.. i was wondering if they are the same place that bill zuber is getting them from.. i need some asap and don't want to order more and have the same deal.

ALSO. magnets. the prop balancer i have has little magnets and the face of them is getting chewed up by my shafts.. does anyone have a place to by them or another solution? they arn't very big

thanks

You can glue lexan to the magnets to protect the surface.

Chris,

Best Prop Nuts!

After using some of Norms 3/16 shaft prop nuts with nylon and 5/16 head. I will not go back to the crimp style nuts. I have been using the same prop nuts for a couple of years. Cheap insurance for your props.

I have used fuel line to hold prop back in the days why are you having to secure nut problem

Back