Converting a Proboat 1/12 scale Miss Bud to electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesjeff

I currently have a 1/12 scale Proboat Miss Budweiser and I was thinking of converting it to electric. Has anyone done this and I know they had electric versions of the Elam and such but was wondering about other motor and speed control options that would work.

Second option if this is not worth it should I buy something new instead or make a 1/10 scale electric hydroplane?

Thanks,

Jeff

I currently have a 1/12 scale Proboat Miss Budweiser and I was thinking of converting it to electric. Has anyone done this and I know they had electric versions of the Elam and such but was wondering about other motor and speed control options that would work.

Second option if this is not worth it should I buy something new instead or make a 1/10 scale electric hydroplane?

Thanks,

Jeff
It's been done many, many, many times... It's fun... It's not going to be competitive if you intend to race one. It's also more work than just getting the appropriate hull and building from scratch.

Here is how I know...: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?6621-Darin-s-ProBoat-Miss-Elam-Race-Prep&highlight=Darin%27s+Elam

This was the second one I had converted. This started as an FE and I just did my updates to it. The first was a Nitro Miss Bud, which took considerably more work.

If you are looking for something solid and fun, good looking, and FAST, on P-Ltd power, try one of Phil Thomas' FE Stealth 30 hulls. It's amazing...

Darin,

Thanks for the link and looks like I have a little bit of reading to do. I most likely won't race this boat but just trying to get my boys interested in boating and we have a small pond and nitro in the neighborhood would be to loud.

Thanks,

Jeff

Latest posts

Back