Cobra 21 tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XtremeRcBoats

Last year i bought a Cobra 21 tunnel from Dan as a replacement for my old and battered Leecraft XTR21. I scooped all the parts from the leecraft and built de Cobra. It will be powered by my aircooled MAC21 with a silverbullti pipe.

It looks real good and is much lighter then the Leecraft, we'll see how she handles the water. The maiden run will have to wait some time because the wetter is getter worse and don't have my time right now.

Here are some pictures of the finished boat, more can be found in my gallery: HERE

cobra21-1.jpg

cobra21-2.jpg

cobra21-4.jpg

cobra21-7.jpg

Hey Paul,

I have had heaps of dramas when using anything but the black steering arms. After a blow over (small or big) the spline in the red or white ones can strip out, but still 'seem' ok on the bench.

BUT your boat looks great!

Cheers

Kris

WOW !!! nice job on the set up. where is your CG set at and where is your weight located you will definately need some behind the radio box and probally some in the front of the boat as well. the boat likes and needs weight to keep it stable. dont be afraid to weight it up. DAN

Hi Paul,

again your tiger design.

Hope you find the time soon to drive it. The weather man or should I say woman says its gonna be a long cold winter......thats mean no driving.

Btw: who did the paint job?

Have fun.

Ronald.

Hey Paul,

Your boat looks really cool,good work.

I also ordered a cobra from Dan.

The tunnelmeeting was nice hope to see you next year.

Martin

WOW !!! nice job on the set up. where is your CG set at and where is your weight located you will definately need some behind the radio box and probally some in the front of the boat as well. the boat likes and needs weight to keep it stable. dont be afraid to weight it up. DAN
Dan, How much weight have you added to make the ride stable.

everything matters as to where your radio box is glued but 1/2 to a 1/4 space between the radio box and the front of the center section. works well. im sorry i dont have a exact amount but.

stock set up

just add weight get to balance in the front and then only put what the boat needs in weight behind the radio box to settle it down.

do the same for mod set up

use only what you need in the front to balance the boat then load up behind the radio box as much as you can, the more the better the ride. this seems to be the answer because the FE guys are doing great with my boat partly because of the weight of the batterys.

Thanks for the kinds words.

@Kriss, thanks for letting me know, maybe a make a aluminum one myself. Normally i use another system but couldn't get it to work, so that is why i used this one.

@Ronald, i did the paintwork my self, it's just orange with black decals i made myself. I like the design and painting the boat is my least favorite part so that's why i stick to something simple.

@Dan, yes the CG is to much backwards, about 1/2". I'll bring some lead when i first take her out and will adjust it then.

@Martin, cool that you also bought one. When weather gets better we have to run together someday or at the next tunnelmeeting.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Paul...

op foto 21-12 in je gallery zie ik iets van een stekker aan de voorkant van de radiobox. Wat is dat? Waar is die voor?

Whats that white connector in front of the radiobox?

Ronald

@Ronald, that is my on a off switch. I don't like real switches, they have caused me to much problems, that is why i use a tamiya connector which is short-circuted.

@Jack, the pipe is a silver bullit pipe from Mark Hopper (HTB boats)

Back