CNC milled radio box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkScott

I've recently picked up a CNC wood milling machine. Just starting to get the hang of working the software and machine. Since my Aerotech needs a radio box, figured I'd start with that as a project. After a attempts that showed me how not to make one, success has shown it's way to my doorstep..

Pics can be seen in my Radio Box album.

The current box is 1/8" 3ply cut using a 1/8" straight bit. Dual HS625-MG (steering) and dual S3004 (throttle / 3rd) fit nicely. This box will allow dual 1/4 scale setups also. As mentioned in the album, there is a 1/32" bit on it's way. That will make cutting the tight corners cleaner, making the overall fit even that much better.

There is no end to what configurations can be made. If anyone needs a custom built radio box, drop me a line. I will ship internationally if requests come in. If I do not have a project kit that will fit what is needed, then it may take me a week longer to design what is needed. I'm finding Futaba and HiTec servo configurations out on web sites, so those needs can be taken care of quickly.

Currently don't have a price yet. Was thinking of around $30, shipping included, international may be around $35, depending on location.

First completed box:

med_gallery_571_711_101286.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back