G30 cowl.....also will fit JDs WOF tunnel designs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hughes

Vendor
So I was able to get a plug from Jerry that he did up for his G30. I was able to make a mold and so far have pull a couple of cowls from it. I will let Jerry post some pics of what he has done so far with his. The plug was built to fit the G30 without any mods needing to be done with cutting down the radio box. There is plenty of side skirt on the cowl. For a more sleek look, you can cut the radio box down and trim the cowl down quite a bit. These will be going up for sale for 50 each. I still have to figure out shipping as I dont have a box that fits them yet. These are fiberglass epoxy layups with carbon reinforcing in the nose and rear of the cowl. Pics coming soon.

20210822_194622.jpg

I used the cowling that I made for my P Limited G-30 as the template to cut the epoxy glass cowling to size. The cowling fits tightly. It could also be cut to fit the VS 1. I used 1/8" plywood for the cowling chin. A coat of primer was applied, a few small blemishes showed, and were filled with spot and glazing putty. Another coat of primer and then a rattle can color coat.
JD

Attachments

• G 30 Cowling 1.jpg
    G 30 Cowling 1.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 108
  • G 30 Cowling 2.jpg
    G 30 Cowling 2.jpg
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 116
OK Shane,
I ordered up some shipping boxes. Should be here this week some time.
Mike

Mike.. prep one up and send it to.

Mike Zaborowski
2213 Trenton Court
Eau Clare WI 54703

As soon as you have it ready to go... let me know I can can PP you the money!

Thanks

Grim

By the time I get the shipping boxes, I should have 3 ready to go. I will contact those that are interested for payment at that time.
Mike

looks awesome!

They should fit a few of the hulls out there that need some sprucing up that's for sure!

Hello Mike, I would like to purchase a G30 cowling. Would u be willing to bring it with u to the NAMBA nationals at Legg lake, because I will be there also? Also please bring me a foot of that good pipe coupler material. Thanks, John.

Hello Mike, I would like to purchase a G30 cowling. Would u be willing to bring it with u to the NAMBA nationals at Legg lake, because I will be there also? Also please bring me a foot of that good pipe coupler material. Thanks, John.
Yeah that sounds do able John. Just taking a break from laying up one just now. I have about 8 to build so far.
Mike

Jerry did this one for looks. I was helping him out since he runs this type all the time.

BTW I personally dont own a G30. Just trying to recoup some mold money back and help out those that like a different look.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike,
Put me on the list for one of these cowlings.
interested to see if there are any handling differences.

Sounds good Joe,

BTW I just weigh up the 3 I have in the shop. They were coming in around 210 grams a piece. By the time these are fitted, I would think that number would be around 150ish. That is 1/3 of a pound.

Mike

20210825_194601.jpg

Ran my G-30 with the epoxy glass cowling this afternoon. Without any adjustments other than the cowling, the boat ran much looser on the water than with my first balsa/plywood canopy. The nose of the new cowling is rounded more than the first cowling providing less frontal down force. For the second run, I moved the battery forward 1" and settled the ride.
JD

The G30 loves your original design cowl Jerry. Once cut down and lowered I really like the looks too. It absolutely helps the performance of the boat. I wish that the ABS cowl was a little more durable. I am not trying to take anything away from Mike's excellent looking work here. I am just speaking from a performance standpoint. No CG shifting or jockeying of electronics needed.
Thanks, for both of your designs!
Mike keep up the great work! Thanks

With all the above being said. Mike I would like to try one of the new cowl designs as well. No rush, just let me know when you would like payment and shipping details. Thanks for your work.

Still waiting on shipping boxes for now. I have pull 4 cowls from the mold so far. Took a 2 day break from it to work on other items. I am about to lay one up today. I will be contacting all those that expressed an interest in order. I hope to get everyone done before I go to nats. We shall see.
Thanks
Mike

Latest posts

Back