• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CNC CMB THROTTLE ARMS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Douglas P Shepherd

I am making Throttle arms for the cmb 67's greenheads

They are CNC complete out of 6061T6 aluminum and are ready to mount with set screws $10.00 per arm

if you need any contact [email protected]

Last edited:
Too bad CMB doesn't care to make them right. They've been breaking for years and CMB knows this well.

CMB arms are also CNC machined from 6061-T6. It's wouldn't cost them an extra 50 cents to add a radius and use better aluminum (6061-T6 isn't the best for this application). They just prefer to make them with a sharp corner so they'll break and they can sell you another one. :angry:

Problem is they could care less if your carb arm breaks in your last heat to a US-1, National Champion or World Champion victory. :angry:

AndyBrown said:
Too bad CMB doesn't care to make them right.  They've been breaking for years and CMB knows this well.    CMB arms are also CNC machined from 6061-T6.  It's wouldn't cost them an extra 50 cents to add a radius and use better aluminum (6061-T6 isn't the best for this application).  They just prefer to make them with a sharp corner so they'll break and they can sell you another one.  :angry:

Problem is they could care less if your carb arm breaks in your last heat to a US-1, National Champion or World Champion victory. :angry:

110887[/snapback]

You are very much right on the aluminum and the radius Andy,One tool and 15 sec of run time per part would save alot here. I have been heat treating the ones I am using and have not seen any breakage. But there are alot materials that would work better here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back