cmdi racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there not an old saying.."good things come to those who wait"??? I find it funny how today's people live for instant gratification and seem to forget that hand made things are just that "HAND MADE" and they take time....

it's unfortunate that sometimes deals don't work the way they should, i to have waited for things for a long time...try 1.5 years for a set of car headers, only one company makes them, but they were worth the wait!!!

Saddly you chose to cancel your order for your boat, i understand the shipping stuff, but in the end you will still end up waiting if you want one of these fine boats because you will have to re-order and wait for them to make it.....

I'm not picking on anyone, just trying to make them reflect a bit.....

ALLAN YUEN said:
Jerry :eek:   I just hear that Will arrive new 2005  CMB21 Valvola as same brother MAC21 but  I am not sure that it use carburator with radio needle at Hobby Supplies (Australia) :huh:   I dont know that WHEN? and PRICE??
93657[/snapback]

Well I wouldn't call it a brother as this direct drive version is more like the bastard son. The gear drive Valvola was allowed under an agreement between CMD & CMB for the European FSR-V market. The direct drive motors were exclusive to the MAC line, all designed & created by you know who. Seems a certain little factory in Italy is not living up to thier end of the agreement. Don't be surprised if this is "the straw that breaks the camel's back" as the saying goes. Some out there are not smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say about CMDI is they are some of the best people I have ever dealt with. Super fast shipping on everything I have ordered, I Just got my new Mac 45 worked over by Andy and I thought that it was done is a fair amount of time. I think it only took 6 weeks or less.

Thanks ANDY and everyone at CMDI.

Terry Flynn

Don Ferrette said:
ALLAN YUEN said:
Jerry :eek:   I just hear that Will arrive new 2005  CMB21 Valvola as same brother MAC21 but  I am not sure that it use carburator with radio needle at Hobby Supplies (Australia) :huh:   I dont know that WHEN? and PRICE??
93657[/snapback]

Well I wouldn't call it a brother as this direct drive version is more like the bastard son. The gear drive Valvola was allowed under an agreement between CMD & CMB for the European FSR-V market. The direct drive motors were exclusive to the MAC line, all designed & created by you know who. Seems a certain little factory in Italy is not living up to thier end of the agreement. Don't be surprised if this is "the straw that breaks the camel's back" as the saying goes. Some out there are not smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them. <_<

93914[/snapback]

Very hard times for CMB and MAC as I understand :(

Hope CMDi along with their patners and the Italians at CMB can work it out soon <_<

The products are by far the best as well as in high demand. Nothing like a fine Italian machine ;) .

-BUCK-

-BUCK-

BUCKSHOT said:
Hope CMDi along with their partners the Italians at CMB can work it out soon <_<  
94128[/snapback]

I wouldn't count on it Buck. Let's just say somebody went way out of bounds on a proprietary design. <_<

BUCKSHOT said:
The products are by far the best as well as in high demand. Nothing like a fine Italian machine ;) .
94128[/snapback]

But there just may be a fine AMERICAN machine soon............. :D

Don Ferrette said:
ALLAN YUEN said:
93657[/snapback]

93914[/snapback]

Hey Don, The word is that little factory in Italy had its "back" broken when the "hand" did not feed it the $$$$$ it owes. ALL AGREEMENTS OFF!

Don,

You mean that there would be a steedy and reliable Factory? :huh:

In America? :unsure:

So no back orders while the factory shuts down for it's europen month long holiday? :blink:

VERY Intertresting indeed!!!! ;)

Build Them and They Will Run. B)

-BUCK-

i'm reading between the lines here and i an see that there's going to be a big divorce to this one time marriage, and it's because of cheeting ain't that something.

DON MAHER said:
Hey Don,  The word is that little factory in Italy had its "back" broken when the "hand" did not feed it the $$$$$ it owes.  ALL AGREEMENTS OFF!
94140[/snapback]

That would not be correct. There is WAY more to this story than I am at liberty to say at the moment. But rest assured when the smoke clears there will be a different light shining on that little factory across the big pond. <_<

DON MAHER said:
Don,  I  look  forward  to  seeing  the  light  when  the  smoke  clears :blink:
94151[/snapback]

You never really want to see these kind of things happen but there is alot of "disinformation" being spread. I remember reading somewhere someone was quoted as saying that the rumors that spread the fastest are the ones that are most untrue. Big changes on the horizon folks.......... :ph34r:

Yup, everyone loves Dirty Laundry.....that's too bad. I've been curious to ask but I'd never be so rude as to post something as nasty as what the rumors being spread are being told amongst other boaters. Every side has there own version, since Andy's here in the USA and post on the board, I'd much rather believe they aren't true....wishful thinking you might say but just trying to be positive! B)

Well it's shame that viscious rumors like this get started, but fortunately there are good people out there who know the truth and are willing to stand up for it. Great posts Don!

John and Andy Brown and the entire group at CMDI are first class people to do business with. Honesty and integrity are are two attributes that that I would never question where the Browns are concerned. Have I had to wait for products at times? Yes. Was it worth it? Ineffably!

As Don said, when the smoke clears and the truth be told, I am confident the people at CMDI will be will be the ones smiling. The future looks great for CMDI and I have my orders in. Better get your's in too! Go fast and turn right!

Virgil Ericksen

SGRA President

TomMoorehouse said:
this sounds bad  :unsure:
94239[/snapback]

Tom, actually when all is said & done this will be a good thing for all of us. And for those of you who wished for a kick a$$ built in the USA motor, you wish ain't as far fetched as you think or that far off either. This summer will bring some very interesting things. :D

And BTW- there is no need to panic with the MAC motors already in hand. There will be back support parts wise, unlike some other motor manufacturers. :p

Just to assure all of you that Andy and CMDi have not forgotten what customer service is. I bought a prop from CMDi last year and a blade broke off. Nothing was hit. Andy replaced it at no charge. He had some difficulty getting the exact prop so I was lucky enough to get my hands on 2 of them. I sent them to him and they sharpened, balanced and race prepped both of them as warranty service for me. Now I have 2 hot props in hand in less than a week that I sent them out. I only know of other individual that would warrant any race prop.

We all have our moments and challenges. Sure the wait at times at a number of places can be long. But the groups and companies that support us are all small businesses. No Exxon's, GM's, Boeing's, etc., that provide engines, hulls, service or props. These companies do it because they have a passion for this hobby and sport. There is no golden fleece for them. They struggle like we all do from time to time. If you think different then you have rose colored glasses on and are not being realistic.

CMDI is still exceptional in my book and home and I will continue to support them. Well done Andy, John and company!!

You now i just red some of the post in this thread and it's really sad to now that there is poeple like that out there first you had to wait for you boat thats fine then you cancelled it did you get ripped off for any money i don't think so but you decided to to go public with this matter and were did it get you do you feel better, I'm sure there are some poeple that don't.

When your as busy as CMDi you have to wait sometimes and you will only recieve quality in you product if you don't want to wait then you will get quanity from some offshore buisness.

I have dealt with Andy and John and they are top notch guy's to deal with and that goes for the whole crew at Comp Marine.

I'm sure if you guy's just wait with a little patiants Andy will let everybody now whats going on so give the man a little room and time i'm sure it will all be good

P.S There's no need for rumors or thread's like this to be started <_<

Back