cmdi racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holgionline

hi everybody,

is it normal to wait for an order at cmdi racing about 4 months an then to receive nothing else than apologizes ? what experiences did you make ? best regards from germany, holgi !!!

holgionline said:
hi everybody,
is it normal to wait for an order at cmdi racing about 4 months an then to receive nothing else than apologizes ? what experiences did you make ? best regards from germany, holgi !!!

93642[/snapback]

Well for openers things happen beyond people's control & I'm sure there was a good reason. I waited 5 months for some sponsons for my next SAW boat, seems klegecell was in extremely short supply. Nonetheless, I've received some of the very best support in model boating from Andy & the gang at CMDi & will continue to support them. Have I waited for stuff? Yup. 4 months? I can beat that one, try waiting a year or two for a scale hull. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry :eek: I just hear that Will arrive new 2005 CMB21 Valvola as same brother MAC21 but I am not sure that it use carburator with radio needle at Hobby Supplies (Australia) :huh: I dont know that WHEN? and PRICE??

:blink: Donna Brown told me that they have so busy because the time line is going to be tight but they will keep you infrmed as the time goes by with any possible delay !!!

Don, No specific point really, I just heard a little while back that the demand was great for this motor and I got so far behind with this years entry's with various problems, I thought I'd get out front for next years Sport 20. Just didn't know what the back-up might be for the MAC 21 IB :huh:

Jerry Wyss said:
Don, No specific point really, I just heard a little while back that the demand was great for this motor and I got so far behind with this years entry's with various problems, I thought I'd get out front for next years Sport 20. Just didn't know what the back-up might be for the MAC 21 IB :huh:
93672[/snapback]

I hear ya, just wasn't sure exactly where you were goin' with it at first. :rolleyes:

Don Ferrette said:
Jerry Wyss said:
93672[/snapback]

I hear ya, just wasn't sure exactly where you were goin' with it at first. :rolleyes:

93673[/snapback]

Did Ya change your starter cord over to 10ga Wire Yet?? :lol: :lol: :p :rolleyes: Sorry, it seemed funny at the time :D

Jerry Wyss said:
Don Ferrette said:
Jerry Wyss said:
93672[/snapback]

93673[/snapback]

Did Ya change your starter cord over to 10ga Wire Yet?? :lol: :lol: :p :rolleyes: Sorry, it seemed funny at the time :D

93675[/snapback]

Nah I'll just hang a fire extunguisher on my start table. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don must know the pain I felt waiting over 18 months for my Casparian hull.....many hundred calls and e-mails later....lalalalalalalalalalala......lalalalalallalalallllllllaaaaaaaaaa :wacko: :wacko:

only to get a boat that needs changes done to it....fortunately I have a friend like Roy Munoz who's willing to take on this project! ;)

Holgi, what did you order? I've only gotten props from Andy so far, my MAC motor came from Phil Thomas. The ladies on the phone and online were absolutely great to deal with, very knowledgable about their products.

I don't know how Andy and the crew do it. Building boats, working on props, engines, pipes, other products and always working on more items!

I've waited 6 and 8 weeks for 2 hulls that I've ordered. One hull I was 52nd in line for it, I'm glad that I'm not waiting as long as Rod has, I don't have that kind of patience.

hi ron,

in december i ordered a twin 90 rigger(80 %), two struts and two props which were in stock but i cancelled now my order......i think, i had enough patience.......best regards from a really disappointed holgi (without boat for this raceseason) !

holgionline said:
hi ron,
in december i ordered a twin 90 rigger(80 %), two struts and two props which were in stock but i cancelled now my order......i think, i had enough patience.......best regards from a really disappointed holgi (without boat for this raceseason) !

93730[/snapback]

So Holgi you think 90 days or so is unreasonable? Don't you think Andy & his gang might take some time off at Christmas like the rest of us? Ever think that others just might have ordered boats ahead of you? I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the patience to wait especially after placing an order just before the single biggest holiday in the U.S. These boats are hand built by John, not churned off some assembly line in Tiawan. Besides, a first rate race hull is worth waiting for. :)

ok don,

then tell me please.......how much patience should a customer have ? 6 months, 9 months.......one year ?

holgionline said:
ok don,
then tell me please.......how much patience should a customer have ? 6 months, 9 months.......one year ?

93736[/snapback]

Hey don't get me wrong, I can't tell how long to wait, that is up to you. What I can tell you is that you placed an order at one of the worst times as far as here in the US goes. In the month of December you lose 2 weeks minimum right off the bat- the week leading up to Christmas & the week before New Year's. I don't know how it is over there but here things virtually come to a standstill. Shipping or ordering stuff from suppliers is next to impossible during the "holiday rush". I also know that the high grade Klegecell that CMD uses in the sponsons became basically non existant around December. I know this because I was waiting on a set of sponsons for my next SAW boat & both John & Andy were desperately trying to find Klegecell. It's a little tough to build good sponsons without it. I ordered a bunch of my stuff for this spring back in November, knowing full well how things are around the Chistmas holidays & how busy they always are at CMD. And on top of all that Andy lost a very valuable & intergral employee recently due to the sudden death of her son, my most sincere condolences go out to Michelle, I'll miss her cheerful voice when I call down there. Even without all this it still takes time to construct these hand made boats. It's no different for Roadrunners, I waited 4 1/2 months once for a 45 Ultralite but it was worth it. Crapshooters are limited production boat, if you don't make that particular year's cut off for boats you get bumped to the following year. And don't even consider a 1/8th scale boat if you don't have patience. Other than perhaps Phil Thomas, you can wait a year or two for a boat hull. All I can tell you is hang tough & keep in contact with CMD. What you choose to do from here is up to you. :)

Yep we were out of Klegecell for several months while boat and sponson orders backed up.

There is a three month lead time for Kleggecell so we always have an on going order.

Then the lead time instantly changed to six months, which left us dry for three months.

If we must wait 3 to 6 months for a something as simple as foam, why is it so bad to wait 4 months for something that is in high demand and built by only two people.

We can't call the local labor pool and get someone who is trained, or easily trainable to build an SGX.

Not to mention my wife Donna was out sick for the most of 2004 and we lost Michelle at the end of 2004. Things got very backed up and confusung at CMDi and many customers did not get the service they normally expect from us.

Too bad you did not want to wait for your twin 90 because it was nearly ready at the time you cancelled it.

It is sometimes normal to wait 2-3 months for special order props. I have a customer that has a very large order of props and they are waiting longer than that because the prop manufacture was back ordered on many of the sizes.

Modified engines from me is often a long wait too.

Based on what i know from military contract we have on my job, the klegecell Andy uses is being swallowed up whole by the Army to use as some type of armor for vehicles in Iraq so be patient the boys over there need it worse than we do....

hi andy,

of course i understand that things are not running perfect sometimes and i feel sorry for that what happened to your wife and your employee but please understand my situation :

the deal was to send the boat to my friend klausi müller in milwaukee before he left the us........now he is in germany and will stay here for about three months...... then he returns to the us and will stay there for another 3 months befor he travels back to germany.......that meant for me waiting one year or so for the boat.

by the way.......klausi was prepared to wait one or two weeks longer in the us if the boat arrives at his place and i told laurie or renee about that via email but i didn't get a reply....... so klausi took off in the us and then i cancelled my order.

sorry, that things were running this way.......best regards from our side of the atlantic, holgi !!!

Back