CMD CNC props. Anyone tried them

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrUnlimited

Guy's

I was surfing on the CMD website and wondered if somebody tried the CNC machined props on their 1/8 scale. They look nice (no I dont't mean the lady in the background :lol: ) and it seemed they don't have to be balanced. If somebody tried them which prop did you use.

middle2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one and if you look at the base of the blade there are sharp tooling mark's. I think this is were a stress fracture can form.

On the one I have I have removed the sharp tooling mark's. I think this is the root of the problem.

I was told by a expert in props that it was in the grain of the material.I guess the material has a very corse grain. Not saying they will not work but maybe not as strong

I was told by a expert in props that it was in the grain of the material.I guess the material has a very corse grain. Not saying they will not work but maybe not as strong
I have been making my own CNC props at work. Boss loves me @ 15 hours mill time @ $100.00. per hour mill time (Not costing me!!!) :p But it is a big gain in performance.I have been making them out of 7075 T6 with a max of .060 blade thickness. Have not bent or broke a blade with 50 laps of one propeller and 14 laps on another.Getting ready to make a new propeller out of stainless @ .050 max blade thickness. Doug Shepherd

Last edited:
I have been making my own CNC props at work. Boss loves me @ 15 hours mill time @ $100.00.But it is a big gain in performance.I have been making them out of 7075 T6 with a max of .060 blade thickness. Have not bent or broke a blade with 50 laps of one propeller and 14 laps on another.Getting ready to make a new propeller out of stainless @ .050 max blade thickness. Doug Shepherd
Doug, that is great to hear. Can you show us of some pics of your cnc props?

I run one on my sport 40. My dad made it work and it runs great. It has a lot of lift so you have to ajust the boat to the prop, or have someone like my dad tweak it a little. Its on its second season and still looks great.

Back