CMB TUNNEL RACE MOTEL INFO, WALTERBORO, SC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

Guys,

I have been asked by several of you to either come up with a single motel to recommend as race headquarters or to list several to select from. From the 3 races we hosted last year, we had racers spread among a number of motels in the Walterboro, SC area. More have been asking for a single motel so I have been concentrating on that aspect. My thinking is to allow for more fellowship (more smack talking no doubt as well) than what is normally encountered at the race. Not sure how much more "letting the hair down" the Atwell's can do but we can try.

The criteria was rather simple. Good motel, mid-priced, has security in place, located in the right area, not a flea bag or a high end to break the wallet. The negotiations were completed today and here is the information you need:

Ramada Inn Walterboro

1245 Snider Highway (EXIT 53)

Walterboro, SC 29488

(843) 538-5403

Call the Ramada directly for the reservations. They are NOT in the Ramada Inn internet computers.

Rates are as follows:

$48.95 for 2 people, 2nd floor room, 2 double beds

$52.95 for a 1st flr room or king bed

$4.00 per person for each over 2 staying in a room

Normal taxes are extra

FREE, HOT, FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE PRICE. The $4.00 additional cost for each person over 2 in the rooms covers the cost of the breakfast.

I have scoured the motels in the Walterboro for deals and amenities. This is the best I could come up with against the criteria. If we had need of 30-35 + rooms we could have gotten $5.00 or more reduced but we will not need that many for this race.

The manager's name is GITA. She prefers taking the reservations personally to make sure your needs are taken care of. She is on duty from 7 am until 3 pm.

Group name is Charleston Model Boaters

NO DEADLINE for reservations but it is suggested to make them immediately.

PLEASE stay at this motel to allow the CMB club to arrange good deals for the racers for future races. If we do not support the motel they will not support us.

I personally went and inspected this motel yesterday and the surrounding area. This motel is 1/4 of a mile EAST of I-95 at EXIT 53. The lake is right at EXIT 62 just 10 minutes north of the motel. There is a Longhorn Steakhouse (large buffet), Glass House Seafood Restaurant, Ruby Tuesday's, and Shoney's at this exit.

I hope that this will meet with the incoming racers satisfaction. Let me know if you need any special assistance.

John

CMB President

Last edited by a moderator:
John

Thanks for this nice work.

Now I have to contact Gabe.

Ronald.

Guys,

I just received a phone call from the Ramada Inn manager - Gita. so far, no one has yet called in with a reservation. This will be a busy weekend for the motel so please do not wait and run a chance of being potentially sold out. They pull a lot of people visiting Savannah to stay at the motel without the higher rates in Savannah.

She has offered, on a first come, first served basis, rooms on the first floor at the same price of $48.95 instead of the usual price of $52.95. She will have about 12/13 rooms at this price. This is an enticement to get the reservations in early to lock down the rooms. If you want a first floor room, you NEED to ask for it.

If you can get your reservations made by the end of this week or sooner, all stand a much better chance of getting what you want and need without the possibility of being sold out. Please consider doing that.

John

Gabe

You mean there will be no YKH of Oburg trailer there ??? Hmmm !!!! :ph34r:

Butch

Guys,

I have been asked by several of you to either come up with a single motel to recommend as race headquarters or to list several to select from. From the 3 races we hosted last year, we had racers spread among a number of motels in the Walterboro, SC area. More have been asking for a single motel so I have been concentrating on that aspect. My thinking is to allow for more fellowship (more smack talking no doubt as well) than what is normally encountered at the race. Not sure how much more "letting the hair down" the Atwell's can do but we can try.

The criteria was rather simple. Good motel, mid-priced, has security in place, located in the right area, not a flea bag or a high end to break the wallet. The negotiations were completed today and here is the information you need:

Ramada Inn Walterboro

Walterboro, SC 29488

(843) 538-5403

Call the Ramada directly for the reservations. They are NOT in the Ramada Inn internet computers.

Rates are as follows:

Normal taxes are extra

FREE, HOT, FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE PRICE. The $4.00 additional cost for each person over 2 in the rooms covers the cost of the breakfast.

I have scoured the motels in the Walterboro for deals and amenities. This is the best I could come up with against the criteria. If we had need of 30-35 + rooms we could have gotten $5.00 or more reduced but we will not need that many for this race.

The manager's name is GITA. She prefers taking the reservations personally to make sure your needs are taken care of. She is on duty from 7 am until 3 pm.

PLEASE stay at this motel to allow the CMB club to arrange good deals for the racers for future races. If we do not support the motel they will not support us.

I personally went and inspected this motel yesterday and the surrounding area. This motel is 1/4 of a mile EAST of I-95 at EXIT 53. The lake is right at EXIT 62 just 10 minutes north of the motel. There is a Longhorn Steakhouse (large buffet), Glass House Seafood Restaurant, Ruby Tuesday's, and Shoney's at this exit.

I hope that this will meet with the incoming racers satisfaction. Let me know if you need any special assistance.

John

CMB President
JOHN , JUST DID MAKE MY RESERVATIONS , MAY AS WELL GET ME ENTERD , 3.5 MOD . 7.5 MOD CHANL , FREQ. 74 ALT 76 SEE YA JAMES IRWIN ,

No Butch, no trailer this time, I dont work there anymore, so I doubt the ole boss would let me borrow it again....

Guys,

Ramada Inn Walterboro

Walterboro, SC 29488

(843) 538-5403

Rates are as follows:

Normal taxes are extra

John

CMB President
JOHN , JUST DID MAKE MY RESERVATIONS , MAY AS WELL GET ME ENTERD , 3.5 MOD . 7.5 MOD CHANL , FREQ. 74 ALT 76 SEE YA JAMES IRWIN ,

Jim,

Yes sir, I'll put you on the list. I assume you got the entry form, correct?

John

Guys,

Ramada Inn Walterboro

Walterboro, SC 29488

(843) 538-5403

Rates are as follows:

Normal taxes are extra

John

CMB President

Jom,

Yes sir, I'll put you on the list. I assume you got the entry form, correct?

John
No, this is the American James Irwin not the Chinese one. It's "JIM". :lol:

~Mitch Jr.

Back