2015 World OB Championships Race Now Open for Entry

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At no time in the rulebook does it COMPEL a racer to run a heat. It is up to them. On the flip side, as a CD or club we cannot DQ anyone from a heat unless they cannot control their boats in a safe manner. I would hope that every racer going into the championship round will choose to run. I believe it is most sporting if they do. I would for certain.

All of the awards will come from the championship round, either places 1-3 or 1-6, etc. So there is potentially a lot to gain running in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

Why dont we run 4 heats, 5 if weather permitting. Decide the scores on points, and go home. This format seems really complicated to me. If you are running all or nothing in a final round, you may have narrowed the field but its still a shoot out format. Somehow I missed this. I entered a shoot-out format race only once and saw 3rd and 4th place boats at best, winning overall because their luck just happed to hit on that crucial last heat. If the boaters in each heat are shuffled correctly, all boaters in each class will run against each other two or three times during the course of 5 full rounds.

Hopefully I am not the only one that wants to stay with the scoring and awards as they have always been or at least have the contestants all vote at the drivers meeting on Friday.

I agree with you Ron the shootout style gets so complicated and makes races drag on because the officials have to figure out points twice. We did this for the herb Stewart race and it was a royal pain in the butt!!

Five rounds top scorer wins

Seem to be lost,

Is this setup as 5 Rounds of heat racing AND a championship round where winner takes all.

-Or-

5 rounds of heat racing, and the 5th round pits the top 1-3 or 1-6 of the class together, essentially as a you have to race to secure your position as points leader, not just finishing round?

Now an Atwell lost, how can that ever happen???

To all, go back and re-read the race details on rcracingevents, item 3. It is explained there. There is NO winner take all. I got a number of racers that requested this format to get the final heat with the top racers and their higher points running all together. That is the intent. Now a group has shown exception to it. So a meeting will be held on Friday before the race commences and a vote will be taken. Then everyone will live with it.

From a race administrator standpoint, not having the last championship round makes my life much easier. It takes a bunch to work to reset it all but .... However a good group asked for this change, seemed reasonable and it was posted when the race was announced on this very thread (#1) and on rcracingevents. Let's not make this an issue now, especially on a public forum and lets decide at the race. Just cannot please everyone, ever.

Sounds great John. We can talk about it in Charleston. BTW, would you mind if I have some parts I need shipped to your house so you can bring to me at the lake? Thanks.

it was great seeing everyone and making new friends in Charleston! Thanks John and crew for a fun race and world class facility. Big shout out to Mic and Jay of Team Ugly, without them I would have never even made the trip! Congratulations to all the winners and hope to see everyone again soon. Jeff

Great weekend of racing. Thanks going out to CD John Knight and to Bob Kinsel for calling the race, Anthony Black and his two sons for helping with retreive boat and running the pits on Sat, to site owner Joe Tumbleson for use of his property and for making us all feel welcome as always, Shawn Anderson for his help around the race site, and to Jeff Whitting for stepping up and fulfilling the pit duties on Sun. Weather tested us at times on Friday, but Sat and Sun ended up being perfect for all-out racing!!

Thanks Novarossi World for supplying us with great engines. Free Novarossi caps were given to the race winners using Novarossi power, as well as a few extras. Thanks again to Mic for his help in showing Mike and I how to use the Hyperion charger properly, and for doubting us in getting the new THOR Q Tunnel built at the race the night before open water...lol. That ended up being the push we needed!!...
default_smile.png
It was the last boat in the water as open water time lapsed and ended up first overall for the weekend. Setup off the bench was perfect with the 6s mid-ship and a stock 45x66 prop. Thanks Carl and Dave!!! More speed is there once we get time to test higher pitch props and fine-tune MGM factory limits. Since picking up a MGM Dealersip for the US and Canada, I needed to do some extensive testing myself. Setup was easy. Only radio adjustment required was reversing the throttle and setting it to zero trim ( thanks Shane), and it armed and ran perfectly all weekend. I will post more with pics and setup later, as well as details on ordering. Thanks.

to jonh knight and all the racers at Charleston ryan and myself enjoyed out stay. the race and racers were great. you put on a fantastic race. we are going to try and come back. after a good rest..

thanks again for a great time

ryan taylor

jim pelezo

Guys,

I have uploaded the scores to the website yesterday. Got a message that the upload was successful and the scores will be posted to the website for all to review. As of now, they are not posted. Going through the race results for other club's races for 2015, I do not see any yet posted. Not sure if there is a software glitch for the 2015 races being posted or what.

Guys,

Finally got the scored posted to rcracingevents, Race Results, Charleston Model Boaters. Appreciate the patience.

Latest posts

Back