Cmb HR91

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

Does anyone know how much prop these engines will pull in a twin or single. Great looking engine. Some of Cmb`s Best work!!

Does anyone know how much prop these engines will pull in a twin or single. Great looking engine. Some of Cmb`s Best work!!

I personally would like to hear some feedback on these motors as well.

They have been out for long enough to hear some of the good/bad.

So, for those of you who have run this motor.....please speak up.

I personally would like to hear some feedback on these motors as well.

They have been out for long enough to hear some of the good/bad.

So, for those of you who have run this motor.....please speak up.
Engine works pretty good. Tried it in a Eagle sgx 80. Prop octura 1667 cut 64, cup 5.6-5.8".

Pipe AB parabolic 80, 50% nitro.

No problems! Pretty fast!

But the carb is very big and don`t get under the cowl of the eagle. Has anybody designed an new on?

HP

But the carb is very big and don`t get under the cowl of the eagle. Has anybody designed an new on?

HP
Whoa! The Eagle cowls are about the most forgiving when it comes to carb to cowl clearance. When I first saw the pics of the HR91 I thought about the carb height and wondered why they didn't go bolt on. :blink:

I heard through the grape vine that CMDi is building a new twin cowl to accommodate the new RS91 motor.

-Buck-

A friend of mine has a set in his twin. We are still getting them dialed in but they look very promosing. Looks like they pull good size props easily and turn good rpm's. There is a very well known boater that thinks during the last heat at huntsville the boat was running around 90 in heat racing set up and I do agree that if it was not 90 it was very close. Pretty impressive since these motors had never been in the water until this event.

Graham from Bermuda was running a set in huntsville and won the event and was using 1475 props.

I am impressed enough with these engines that I am very seriously considering getting back into the twin class (which I have said I would not do).

Sincerely,

Allen

I have two that I will be running in my new twin, but I would like to know if anybody is running them in F Mono's.

Still breaking in this engine on my 90 rigger(light boat) ,Parabolic 84 pipe set at 11,5(will try it shorter maybe 11 soon) with excelent rpm and awesome torque to push a 1667(67mm cup 6.6) ...ran high 80's last weekend on 50%nitro .

Gill

I just bought an excellent used Twin SGX from a very well known boater in the US :D I will setup it with these new HR's. I'll keep you informed. My engines will arrive next week. :p

Curt from Germany

Quote "When I first saw the pics of the HR91 I thought about the carb height and wondered why they didn't go bolt on. "

perhaps they needed a longer runner length , ? i wish it was bolt on to , but hey its what we get i suppose..

in au there are two versions of this motor around, the first batch , a real screamer , and the second batch thats getting modified drum timing , this retains some torque from the rpm range ,

if you want a screamer , get the first batch engine ,

if you drive monos

maybe one of these 'new' stock of engines Mr Tony is getting in at Hobby Supplies ..

this is what i was told when i went to buy one last week

more torque has to be easyer to prop and launch in any boat ..

but if its got rs ports, i will get the early 'copy' style motor

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard through the grape vine that CMDi is building a new twin cowl to accommodate the new RS91 motor.

-Buck-
Sorry. that would be for the HR motor.

Incidentally... at the last event I attended there just happened to be a twin powered SG@#somthingerother 91HR that was nice to watch. Papa Bowman and son have a little rocket. Just get that thing under control guys and then we’ll go play :)

-Buck-

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine has a set in his twin. We are still getting them dialed in but they look very promosing. Looks like they pull good size props easily and turn good rpm's. There is a very well known boater that thinks during the last heat at huntsville the boat was running around 90 in heat racing set up and I do agree that if it was not 90 it was very close. Pretty impressive since these motors had never been in the water until this event.

Graham from Bermuda was running a set in huntsville and won the event and was using 1475 props.

I am impressed enough with these engines that I am very seriously considering getting back into the twin class (which I have said I would not do).

Sincerely,

Allen

They arnt worth a crap in a twin Dont Do It :D :D :D :D :D

Curt i think Harry's just kidding he's probably running 2 in his twin. :blink:

I'm waiting for my 2 to arrive for my new twin. B)

Look's like alot of the CMB 91 HR Twin's running next year ??? :eek:

Back