CMB Eagle SGX 67 FE Conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Benjamin

Has anyone ever converted an SGX to FE? Is it possible to achieve competitive performance with a converted SGX?

Hell yeah it is possible to achieve equal or better than nitro performance.

I really enjoy my twin sgx electric

Only real issue is to make sure you can fit cells between the boom tube spacings.

67 rigger. I'd run 6s in it.

I think Doug Twaits Jr set the 1mile record with a 67 size sgx on 8s some years ago. Cells got a "hot" im told though. Today's cells would hold up much better with cooler temps so it would be easier on equipment.

Dave

There is a few pics of the build in my gallery.

Also YouTube SGX twin electric rigger.

My YouTube user name is f1tunnelhull.

I did a quick search also on "EC hydro" there was a few. That's just the name of our electric class here in Aus.

Enjoy. Will be glad to help out more where possible.

Dave

Travis having trouble logging in but this is doug twaits jr the last 4 years were almost dominated in p hydro and q hydro by a sgx rigger ,these are very competitive but andy needs guidance on spacing inbetween the front booms for your lipos. I only get to race my q once a year and might consider selling my record oval boat, if you need info on anything let me know [email protected] doug

Doug, you coming down for any of our races this year?

Carl

believe me, his P hydro hauls the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Doug,

I sent you an email. I'd be interested in your SGX if you decide to sell it. Send some pictures to my email. Thanks

Latest posts

Back