CMB .91

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres my latest 700$ paperweight.
its a 2007 offshore rs... hmmm.. didnt make its first race start.

i bought a hr91 and a rs91/101 ,at the same time . i would say get the hr .

at least the hr91 runs strong...

i just got a bad motor , you get one now and again ., part of the hobby , burning 700$ on new parts left and right ....

Jason
New motors just don't do that unless they are not check or prep. The K motors are the only one that could be run right out of the box but head deck clearance should be set to your liking. I have found little things in Pico's, OPS's, CMB's, and other motors over the years. So it always a good idea to go thru a motor before running it.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the input. I am going to end up buying a NIB Picco .90. Give me some ideas of what I need to do when I get this motor.

I'm a newbie, I don't know s**t.

Nitro % & oil during brake in?

Head deck clearance?

anything else you can think of?

Your information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rocky
Don't buy the Pico. Parts will be hard to find. Go ahead and get a CMB. And I would go with the RS. They are a bullet proof motors. There are more RS's, EVO's and whatever other motors were called of this style motor running than any brand. If you get the 91rs make sure that it has a ABC piston & sleeve. We can them for you along with a few other people on this board. I could also race prep your motor for you. I only charge $60.00usd for the service and it will be ready to place in a boat.
Hey Mark,

I know a guy on here that has an older CMB .91 (purple head) It has been modded and some blue print work done to it. It hasn't been run since gone through.extra piston and sleeve comes with it. It was a back up motor. 450.00 with pipe and header. Not a bad deal.

what do you think?

Rocky
To me sounds a little high. I can never sell a used motor for that much and anyone that knows me, knows that I take very good care of my motors. I have always sold a little on the high side of half the cost of new.

Mark

i just got a bad motor , you get one now and again ., part of the hobby , burning 700$ on new parts left and right ....

Jason
New motors just don't do that unless they are not check or prep. The K motors are the only one that could be run right out of the box but head deck clearance should be set to your liking. I have found little things in Pico's, OPS's, CMB's, and other motors over the years. So it always a good idea to go thru a motor before running it.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the input. I am going to end up buying a NIB Picco .90. Give me some ideas of what I need to do when I get this motor.

I'm a newbie, I don't know s**t.

Nitro % & oil during brake in?

Head deck clearance?

anything else you can think of?

Your information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rocky
Don't buy the Pico. Parts will be hard to find. Go ahead and get a CMB. And I would go with the RS. They are a bullet proof motors. There are more RS's, EVO's and whatever other motors were called of this style motor running than any brand. If you get the 91rs make sure that it has a ABC piston & sleeve. We can them for you along with a few other people on this board. I could also race prep your motor for you. I only charge $60.00usd for the service and it will be ready to place in a boat.
Hey Mark,

I know a guy on here that has an older CMB .91 (purple head) It has been modded and some blue print work done to it. It hasn't been run since gone through.extra piston and sleeve comes with it. It was a back up motor. 450.00 with pipe and header. Not a bad deal.

what do you think?

Rocky
To me sounds a little high. I can never sell a used motor for that much and anyone that knows me, knows that I take very good care of my motors. I have always sold a little on the high side of half the cost of new.

Mark
O.K. Thanks Mark

Jason
Did the rod break or did something get jammed under it?

Im not sure , the motor seized, and is still locked tight now.. i havent pulled it apart , but the pistons floating , so it looks like it could be a wrist-pin failure.

i am sending it back to the supplier and asking it to be returned to italy. as thats just not on ...

so no look inside yet for me ..

even though he has already said "no warranty" i am going to give it a go. just so he can see whats going out in the box's

our au dealer said " the engine is ready to run out of the box, and you are not allowed to dimantle engine or void warranty .... "

i was doing what i was told to do , ?!!

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

Im not sure , the motor seized, and is still locked tight now.. i havent pulled it apart , but the pistons floating , so it looks like it could be a wrist-pin failure.

i am sending it back to the supplier and asking it to be returned to italy. as thats just not on ...

so no look inside yet for me ..

even though he has already said "no warranty" i am going to give it a go. just so he can see whats going out in the box's

our au dealer said " the engine is ready to run out of the box, and you are not allowed to dimantle engine or void warranty .... "

i was doing what i was told to do , ?!!

Jason
Actually when I bought my CMB 101 RS recently there was a paper in the box from CMB that said you must completely disassemble the engine and check everything yourself as engine is just put together. Not ready to run. Once you run it you own it. That was a suprise to me also.

After buying mine, I tightened every bolt tight and it has been running fine ever since. Next one I buy I will be disassembling and having everything checked.

I love the engine.

Daniel

Rocky go with the hr91's

ran my twin sgx-2 race boat yeaterday, with hr91's and leaned them off and WOW, it was clocked at .... :rolleyes: ...mph[ask pulsetech he had the stalker pro gun]

at the end off the straight, just before i went into the turn,

dam that boat is awesome fast

regards Aaron

Rocky go with the hr91's ran my twin sgx-2 race boat yeaterday, with hr91's and leaned them off and WOW, it was clocked at .... :rolleyes: ...mph[ask pulsetech he had the stalker pro gun]

at the end off the straight, just before i went into the turn,

dam that boat is awesome fast

regards Aaron
I have 4 X HR91 engines, like to swoop for 91 or 80 rs engine. mine is new in box, but the ones I trade with can be used.

Back