CMB 91/101 pairs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tax exempt. It is written off as a healthcare cost. I have clinical depression and this is therapy. 😉
Don’t worry I didn’t use it to get the upfront parking placard, those are reserved for the elderly. 😝
PTSD gets that award, too!....🤣....and, hey, I like my blue and white 'up front' placard!....we earned it!....🤣....😉

Hi Danny,
do you have experience about performance difference between the new 91GPX and 91 RS3?
Thanks for any reply
Joachim

I dont have a fair comparison. I plan to run a stock 91 RS3 but when I got the pair I have I went straight to modded with 101 configuration.
I will be getting another RS3 and plan to run it stock and as a 91.
I can’t see the GPX beating out the RS3 on nitro 40% or higher.
But I will run one and see how it does stock and then modded same as I did the GPX.

I dont have a fair comparison. I plan to run a stock 91 RS3 but when I got the pair I have I went straight to modded with 101 configuration.
I will be getting another RS3 and plan to run it stock and as a 91.
I can’t see the GPX beating out the RS3 on nitro 40% or higher.
But I will run one and see how it does stock and then modded same as I did the GPX.

Danny, out of those new CMB 15cc engines....if someone were going to buy a couple for a twin, which one's the way to go?...RS3?....it's the cheapest, and seems more 'modular', too.
Thanks.

Without a doubt the RS3 or evo. Practically the same engine.
IMO the GPX is a fuel economy motor. More efficient fuel wise but less power.
Both are great and well made. But for how we run over here RS3 is a better choice.
What aspects make them "Fuel Effficient"? Detuned? Detimed? Curious George here. Setup to run on low nitro?

What aspects make them "Fuel Effficient"? Detuned? Detimed? Curious George here. Setup to run on low nitro?
Yes. Less flow through the transfers which is better for lower nitro. When running a more dense high nitro charge it is more of an issue.
Both can make rpm but not on the same prop.

Latest posts

Back