CMB 45HR Hydro Racing Marine Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Rumble

Has anyone run this engine in a Sport 40? If so can you please tell me how well they perform. Are they a competitive option against a RS45? Do they have good buttom and top end?

I also welcome any coments from anyone who has seen the CMB 45HR Hydro Racing Marine Engine run in a sport 40.

I am trying to deside if I should go with a new RS45 or HR 45 in my PT Sport 40.

Thanks

Has anyone run this engine in a Sport 40? If so can you please tell me how well they perform. Are they a competitive option against a RS45? Do they have good buttom and top end?
I also welcome any coments from anyone who has seen the CMB 45HR Hydro Racing Marine Engine run in a sport 40.

I am trying to deside if I should go with a new RS45 or HR 45 in my PT Sport 40.

Thanks
Ive seen them do just fine. Seems the rs has a disc issue that you need to keep after to keep it running strong..

Thanks
Just todayI helped a friend install a HR in a SuperSport 45. The HR is designed like the Mac 45 with a nice carb, Looks like maybe the piston clylinder are like the RS but the engine has a drum rotor and the carb at an angle which is good to keep water out of the intake.

We will probally see it test in a couple weeks. The setup is afront radio and a right side tank. My concern is will it draw fuel ok.

Thanks
I run one in my Phil Thomas 45. I have no problems with fuel draw with front radio box and 12 oz side mount with 2 oz hopper mounted right behind the motor. My setup seems to run best at higher RPM's. I am running a 447 three blade.

DonB

DonB

What pipe are you running? at what length?

What kind of "real" speed are you getting?

My brother in-law & I are in the middle of testing one of these Thomas SS45, W/ 45HR, Andy Brown bar stock pipe set at 10-1/2", X447/3 prop.

We are not getting the speed I'm getting with the RS45

Rick

DonBWhat pipe are you running? at what length?

What kind of "real" speed are you getting?

My brother in-law & I are in the middle of testing one of these Thomas SS45, W/ 45HR, Andy Brown bar stock pipe set at 10-1/2", X447/3 prop.

We are not getting the speed I'm getting with the RS45

Rick
I run a Cooper 1 holer pipe set at 10 1/4", on home brewed 50%. Strut depth set at 3/4" form bottom to center line of prop, w/ 4 deg down angle. I don't know the speed, I have never put the gun on it. I haven't done anything to the inside of the engine besides clean up the sharp edges. Mikey seen it run last weekend. I was wanting it against his new SS45 but we never hooked up.

DonB

Just bought one of these motors to do the same thing myself. Have been running a 450/3 blade on my old picco but me thinks the pipe was a bit long. Was swinging the prop with no change in revs from the 447 I have tried.

Will watch this with interest.

Cheers

Bob

Back