Cmb 45 purple questions.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Larson

Building a short block from parts and it doesnt work...... upon lower rod end needle install ( dia of needles 1.35 mm, of which, have to be .67 needles)

Crank pin dia is 7 .05 mm..... now if'n I really really wanted to make my head hurt, i'd remember like dia =radius squared x pi or something but i dont remember.... anyway....

there were 2 models of purple and gold head 45's, i've heard around the world...... having to do with the milling on the waterjacket only?......

Questions of do I have the wrong crank it says CAM 45 on it, and is new, ..... the wrong needles?...... I was also under the assumption that the old gold head zimmie valve motors had parts interchange a little with the purple, and if so which model?..... how to even identify which purple is which would be nice.....

So a little cmb education would be grand...... and then..... who has a set of appropriate needles to sell?.... any help would be great i've set it aside because it drove me nuts...... mike

Building a short block from parts and it doesnt work...... upon lower rod end needle install ( dia of needles 1.35 mm, of which, have to be .67 needles)Crank pin dia is 7 .05 mm..... now if'n I really really wanted to make my head hurt, i'd remember like dia =radius squared x pi or something but i dont remember.... anyway....

there were 2 models of purple and gold head 45's, i've heard around the world...... having to do with the milling on the waterjacket only?......

Questions of do I have the wrong crank it says CAM 45 on it, and is new, ..... the wrong needles?...... I was also under the assumption that the old gold head zimmie valve motors had parts interchange a little with the purple, and if so which model?..... how to even identify which purple is which would be nice.....

So a little cmb education would be grand...... and then..... who has a set of appropriate needles to sell?.... any help would be great i've set it aside because it drove me nuts...... mike
Gold head rotor, flat piece of metal

Purple head rotor, beefed up around where it connects to crank, two not interchangeable

Back