CMB 45 help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffreysherrah

Hey guys, I'm looking for some details on this engine that I just got from Neil LaGerry. I know nothing about it and neither goes Neil. I've found nothing on the net and so I'm hoping some of you experts may have some info.

IMG_0214.JPG

cmb hr 45 motor. it runs great what would you like to know?just set the head clearance at about .011 and run the pipe 10.5 and you should be good to go. Contact Stu Barr for parts if needed.

No serial or model number on the engine. HR? Is that the model? I'm clueless... I've been running K&B oldies for years! Lol

Looking for specs on the engine too.

I'm also wondering about what tuned pipe to use, pipe mount, and engine mount.

Do I need a 3rd channel main needle valve to run it?

Last edited by a moderator:
what are you putting it in? a rigger has its own set up. A sport 40/ mono/ cat would be a 5" mount set up. any good mount like from speed master, rumrunner, andy brown if using it in a rigger ( his bolt pattern for the mac motors are the same for this engine) works. ops 60 pipe worked really good when i ran this engine....as a matter of fact i still have it. i used the os inflight needle with the don ferrette base for 3rd channel set up or you could use the os remote needle with no 3rd channel. Macks 10cc pipe works well too. motor is a hi rpm motor and the parabolic pipe works better in light boats with this engine you will find that it really likes smaller diameter props. what i found was for consistency run the pipe a tad long with a smaller prop ( Mark @props4u could steer you in the right direction) all things considered( you know.... elevation etc. HR is the model

I'm thinking about buying a JAE 45 GT... or a Sport 40. This is a pic of the pipe and prop I already own. No idea what make or model they are..

IMG_0216.JPG

I'm thinking about buying a JAE 45 GT... or a Sport 40. This is a pic of the pipe and prop I already own. No idea what make or model they are..
That's a great pipe at 9.5" and put your head clearance around 10 and it will sing. As far as the prop when you get the JaE try the new abc props 2217, 2317, or 2215

If you want a 1st GEN JAE 45 i have one ill part with. Just need to add your radio gear and motor pipe combo.

rick,brad,I was not sure if it was an ops or picco,or muck...I have a few different pipes to try.going to start with this one and see from there.going for my arm surgery in 2 weeks to fix the tendon I blew out and maybe get to test about 8-12 weeks after that.thanks guys,mikie.

I did some research and found out that it is an OPS pipe. It's 14" long and I have used it on my K&B 7.5 for years.

I'm wondering if it will work on my CMB 45 VAC without a header or if the header is needed and the pipe needs to be cut down.

I did some research and found out that it is an OPS pipe. It's 14" long and I have used it on my K&B 7.5 for years.

I'm wondering if it will work on my CMB 45 VAC without a header or if the header is needed and the pipe needs to be cut down.
Put the header on the motor and make sure your pipe length is around 9 1/4- 9 1/2 and you will be fine.

Latest posts

Back