CMB 45 Gold top

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander King

Guys

I have a CMB45 Black case with Gold top Evo and was wondering where I can get parts or what parts can I use from the current Gen CMB motors ?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

the only new parts available that i know of are bearings. nothing from the current engines interchange

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys

I have a CMB45 Black case with Gold top Evo and was wondering where I can get parts or what parts can I use from the current Gen CMB motors ?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Alexander,

I have 1 or 2 engines plus some parts at home that I might be willing to sell. What exactly are you looking for?

Let em know,

David

The p/s from a new 45 hr/vac/rs will fit the case, the rod should be the same length as any of the current 45 rods, if that's the case, and the crank journal is the same, you should be able to have Steve Wood rebuild the crank with the rod/needles from the 45rs. Head buttons from any of the 45's will work also.

The HR will have much higher timing than the original gold head EVO. if you don't machine the block to match the ports you'll have some restrctions to the flow.

Be carefull you don't raise the block passage height so high that you go through the outside of the block though.

Best P/S I found for this motor was the purple head EVO 2001 (I think) with the dished piston. You have to reduce the head button bowl a little to take up for the extra .05CC the dish adds.

Last edited by a moderator:
The HR will have much higher timing than the original gold head EVO. if you don't machine the block to match the ports you'll have some restrctions to the flow.

Be carefull you don't raise the block passage height so high that you go through the outside of the block though.

Best P/S I found for this motor was the purple head EVO 2001 (I think) with the dished piston. You have to reduce the head button bowl a little to take up for the extra .05CC the dish adds.

Dan thanks

Im far from a machienest.. So I think I may be stuck with what I have finding the right parts may be a issue and a new motor might be the answer ...

Alexander

Back