CMB 21 fuel recomendations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penfold

What nitro percent should I be running on gear drive CMB21 engine, being used on a 35 inch long surface drive mono hull.

i run wildcat 65% nitro/18% oil in my cmb .21's. both greenhead LS & goldhead TT, they seem very happy with it, but so do my k&b .21 ob's. the smaller the engine, the higher the nitro they seem to like, imho.

65% and 18% oil Technology Hobbies fuel thats what i run on all my 21 engines and you will be on the money my friend..

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
60% is all you need still gives you a needle to play with out on the water i use John Otto fuel only way to go

I run 60% in my stock Cmb .21 w/ Seaducer hull and I have ran the motor for one and a half seasons without a problem. The boat even took the district 3 championship with that combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first few runs I use 30% heli fuel and after that 50% boating fuel. I've got two different brands right now so..........................

90%. Come on guys, why skimp :p On a serious note, I run 45%. I think next year (depending on how much fuel we have left) I will step it up to 60%.

I generally run 60% in everything up to my .45's. The difference in performance of a .21 engine running 50% and 60% is astronomical. If you have only run your engines on 50% or less you have no idea what you're missing out on in terms of performance. The jump from 60% to 70% is like wise, but you sacrifice ease of operation because the needle settings are much more sensitive...But those little engines sure do sing pretty at full song on 70.

Back