CMB 21 fuel recomendations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penfold

What nitro percent should I be running on gear drive CMB21 engine, being used on a 35 inch long surface drive mono hull.

i run wildcat 65% nitro/18% oil in my cmb .21's. both greenhead LS & goldhead TT, they seem very happy with it, but so do my k&b .21 ob's. the smaller the engine, the higher the nitro they seem to like, imho.

65% and 18% oil Technology Hobbies fuel thats what i run on all my 21 engines and you will be on the money my friend..

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
60% is all you need still gives you a needle to play with out on the water i use John Otto fuel only way to go

I run 60% in my stock Cmb .21 w/ Seaducer hull and I have ran the motor for one and a half seasons without a problem. The boat even took the district 3 championship with that combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first few runs I use 30% heli fuel and after that 50% boating fuel. I've got two different brands right now so..........................

90%. Come on guys, why skimp :p On a serious note, I run 45%. I think next year (depending on how much fuel we have left) I will step it up to 60%.

I generally run 60% in everything up to my .45's. The difference in performance of a .21 engine running 50% and 60% is astronomical. If you have only run your engines on 50% or less you have no idea what you're missing out on in terms of performance. The jump from 60% to 70% is like wise, but you sacrifice ease of operation because the needle settings are much more sensitive...But those little engines sure do sing pretty at full song on 70.

Latest posts

Back