Cmb 1.01 running problems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem solved I put in a new os needle set it at 2.75 turns put on a 2614 and the boat took off like a missile. It hit 85.9 mph. I had a gallon of fuel burnt up with the motor before it even came up on pipe. Now that my fuel issues are nailed down is this motor broke in and ready to be run hard.

NO!!! Brass sleeves are "notorious" for sticking. I know it sounds like a lot, some will disagree. But two full gallons before you start to lean it down. Full Hammer "IMO" is not a good idea until you are well into the third gallon. What should happen is that the current needle setting will become to rich and the motor will not get up on step,at that point you will start to lean the needle setting and the motor is"metal" is starting to seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd,

Add some Klotz Bean Oil castor to your fuel 3% to 5%, and keep your needle on the rich side.

Remember you have to burn nitro fuel to make power. Lean needle settings kill the lubrication

to your piston and sleeve, and that is just the start of your troubles then. :)

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Problem solved I put in a new os needle set it at 2.75 turns put on a 2614 and the boat took off like a missile. It hit 85.9 mph. I had a gallon of fuel burnt up with the motor before it even came up on pipe. Now that my fuel issues are nailed down is this motor broke in and ready to be run hard.
Cool! Glad you got it going. Let's see some video of it!!!

p.s. I wouldn't try to pinch down on the needles, they love to burn fuel!

Ran again today ran great the only problem I had was I lost a prop guess I had a worn out zuber nut. I am going to try to post some pics now. Why wont the site let me post my pics?

Ran again today ran great the only problem I had was I lost a prop guess I had a worn out zuber nut. I am going to try to post some pics now. Why wont the site let me post my pics?

I ran 1 gallon of fuel through the motor today that makes 2 gallons. And I am still running 6 oz of caster oil per gallon do you think I should do this on the third gallon also before I stop using it?

After the 3 gallon vary between 3-4 depending on the ambient temp for that time of year. Ie. Winter cooler run 3....etc.etc.

Klotz Kl-100 in evey drop I run. ;)

I ran 1 gallon of fuel through the motor today that makes 2 gallons. And I am still running 6 oz of caster oil per gallon do you think I should do this on the third gallon also before I stop using it?
Todd, Just back off to 2 or 3 oz per gallon. I dont know whos fuel you are running? But i sure like to know there is some Quality oils in the fuel

yes that means to every gallon of odonnel fuel add 4OZ of Klotz KL100 lubricant and you should be tip top

thanks guys now all I need is a new 27/16 with a 15° rake. so I can continue testing.sounds like abc got taken out by a storm. that sucks.

Latest posts

Back