"Clunk" Tank Plumbing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn McClintic

I'm going to use a Sullivan 12 oz slant type tank for a Cal-Craft 40 mono. Can I use the floppy clunk weight for the fuel pickup or should I run a hard line to the left rear corner of the tank?

Thanks

Glenn

You can use any clunk. I bend copper ( hard line ) and then connect soft line to it running to the clunk and position it in the left corner.

TL

Since monos bank to the right in a right turn, is placing the hard line to the left really the best way to do it...?? On my latest mono build, I put a hard line in the middle.

Sullivan makes a "Super Klunk #396" that I have been meaning to try. It is heavier and has a design that allows it to pick up fuel closer to the bottom of the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your mono is turning right the fuel will be pushed to the left of the tank, so if you dont have a left rear fuel pickup or a klunk that can swing left and right you will suck air and the motor stops.

The klunk system works with planes doing rolls and loops The klunk follows the fuel so the tank will not suck air during flight.

Will work ok in boats too for left and right turns, BAD thing is if your boat stops fast or hits a bouy or something the klunk line can be kinked to the front and then the motor will not start agian.

I have used clunk tanks a few times, I have the stopper towards the front of the boat with the clunk towards the back. I also only use a short length of flexible line near the stopper and use brass line for the rest up to the clunk so the clunk cant go to the front of the tank in a crash.

Hard line to the left rear corner

The clunk does not work well in boats

Greg
wow, i guess most of my boats don't run well?? used clunks in all most every one for over 25 years.
I have no idea how your boats run

No need for the Attitude either
hey bro,do not know what side of the world you woke up on,but even a "redneck" :p like robin(moparbarn) new i was joking.there was no attitude ment,maybe if i would have put up one of these :) you would feel all warm and skwooshee inside.

Latest posts

Back