Check out the latest from Vans Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice boat. The camera angle makes it looks like the skeg on the right engine is longer. The left motor looks slightly raised higher and the right engine looks like it's motor mount is a 1/4 inch furthur back.

I'm sure it's just the camera angle though.

It's a nice boat. The camera angle makes it looks like the skeg on the right engine is longer. The left motor looks slightly raised higher and the right engine looks like it's motor mount is a 1/4 inch furthur back.

I'm sure it's just the camera angle though.

Camera and motor angle. The motors turned to the right combined with the angle of the camera makes it appear as you stated.

This boat will be running, for the very first time, at the CMB Tunnel Championships in SC this coming weekend. Photos and video clips of the boat running will be posted to the race website. From the reports to me this boat runs exceptionally well and corners on rails with absolutely no drop off in the corners. It will be the first twin OB I have seen in my 16 years of racing. Looking forward to it and we will get the info out asap to all.

MAN I WANT ONE OF THEM!!!!

sweeet who has a spare mac lawless setup they can give me!! cant wait to see the video

Drooling Dave

8 or so years ago, my Dad built a twin outboard 1/4 scale tunnel boat with two 1 cube K&Bs on the rear just for fun (remember it at Panthers in 98 Tim). Todd Lewis of Jordan Marine designed the boat, Dad built it and I drove it. Ran the boat for about two years, won a state title with it and then retired it to Dads shelf in the garage.

Boat was really good on smooth water but in the rough we had trouble keeping it in a straight line as the torque of the props when they re-entered the water would turn the boat around.

Haven't seen it in a while but it was a monster.

Good luck with the little twin.

Grub

It wasn't a Tunnel but back a few years ago Reedy Darville had 4 K&B 45's on the back of a Cat.

Not to hijack the thread, but does Reedy still race? I remember his Excalibur twin mono and he helped me out a lot when I first started running down in West Palm.

-Bobby

It wasn't a Tunnel but back a few years ago Reedy Darville had 4 K&B 45's on the back of a Cat.

When I was working in the LHS, I had a guy come in and buy 2 11cc K&Bs for a twin project. Never saw it eventuate though!

Grub,

I remember the 1/4 scale - didn't know they were 1 cubes tho'!

Tim.

This boat will be running, for the very first time, at the CMB Tunnel Championships in SC this coming weekend. Photos and video clips of the boat running will be posted to the race website. From the reports to me this boat runs exceptionally well and corners on rails with absolutely no drop off in the corners. It will be the first twin OB I have seen in my 16 years of racing. Looking forward to it and we will get the info out asap to all.
There was a white twin 45 o/b tunnel that ran F tunnel at Huntsville Internats in either '98 or '99. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
The white twin 45 was mine. That was the first twin O/B tunnel I had ever put together. It would have won its class but Ron Talley (Mikes brother) was helping us pit the boat and he forgot to turn the boat off after one race and it caused us to miss the next round due to a battery failure and we fell out of first place with it. That year Mike Talley drove my 7.5cc modified Twin O/B tunnel because he enjoyed it so much.

The next year Mike set up his first twin with 3.5cc O/S engines. It was a black boat that he called the Spank'n Twin. We took it to a club race somewhere in Georgia. Tommy Lee and Karl Strum laughed when we took it out of the truck but they were not laughing after the fist heat!

This is Talleys second twin 3.5cc Sport O/B project. When we return from the Shootout, we are dropping twin modified O/S VZ's outboards on it with Cooper pipes.

The twin engines require a little different set up to get it to lay down the back shoot and eat Gator340 tails like popcorn shrimp! LOL

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
The white twin 45 was mine. That was the first twin O/B tunnel I had ever put together. It would have won its class but Ron Talley (Mikes brother) was helping us pit the boat and he forgot to turn the boat off after one race and it caused us to miss the next round due to a battery failure and we fell out of first place with it. That year Mike Talley drove my 7.5cc modified Twin O/B tunnel because he enjoyed it so much.

The next year Mike set up his first twin with 3.5cc O/S engines. It was a black boat that he called the Spank'n Twin. We took it to a club race somewhere in Georgia. Tommy Lee and Karl Strum laughed when we took it out of the truck but they were not laughing after the fist heat!

This is Talleys second twin 3.5cc Sport O/B project. When we return from the Shootout, we are dropping twin modified O/S VZ's outboards on it with Cooper pipes.

The twin engines require a little different set up to get it to lay down the back shoot and eat Gator340 tails like popcorn shrimp! LOL

-Carl,

Carl,

You will definitely have to break down and run that twin tomorrow at open water. We can clear the water for the twin. Have to give Gator340 a preview of what he will be facing on Sat and Sun. Really want to make sure the props are hooked up for the lake as well. Show time!!

-Carl,

Carl,

You will definitely have to break down and run that twin tomorrow at open water. We can clear the water for the twin. Have to give Gator340 a preview of what he will be facing on Sat and Sun. Really want to make sure the props are hooked up for the lake as well. Show time!!
John, showtime will comence when John, Randy, Steve and myself show up! :lol:

Last edited:

-Carl,

Carl,

John, showtime will comence when John, Randy, Steve and myself show up! :lol:

Showtime for you four will come when you show up in your pink tutu's and not before. PINK! I think that is rather becoming on you. Might have to try it out for yourself.

Latest posts

Back