Check out my new K&B!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:Check out my new K&B!

Alright Fellas,

I started this old thing today. Remember, the top end is brand new. The temp outside was about 45 degrees, and I installed a McCoy Mc-59 plug, and the new style gold carb.

I had it at about 4.5 turns out on the needle, and it barely popped. Then I went leaner and leaner, until about 2 and 3/4 turns out, and it started to run, but it was pretty unreliable. Is this what I should expect from this thing?

It typically stalled when I opened it up. It idled fine, but when I gave it gas, it sprayed gas out of the carb inlet and stalled. Don't worry, I'm running in clockwise...and I was also using the new style lower unit.

I am running a 11 oz Hayes tank, and I elevated it as high as I could on the hull.

Jeff,

You might try lowering the tank. 11 oz is a lot of fuel - you planning on running enduros??

Also, this is just a long shot, but is the sleeve in correctly? Is the exhaust port of the sleeve matched with the exhaust port port of the case?

Jerry D.

JD to the rescue...thanks!

haha, ...yeah, enduros would be cool...

I know that the average size for the tank is 8 oz, but I figured it would be more fun to get 20 min runs then having to go through the trouble of refueling and starting and launching over and over again.

Maybe this is the source of my problems?

I checked the sleeve, and it looked very centered in all directions.

Tanks are 5 bucks at the hobby store. It's not a big deal to me, but it sure would be nice to do those long runs like I was thinking....

What do you guys think?

Ok, how is this for cheap? I got a 3.5 K&b compleat in near new condition for less than $70 in the box. It also came with the fully adjustable mount and a prather O/B outriger hydro. Hull is unpainted and looks like never been ran.

Latest posts

Back