Check out my new K&B!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:Check out my new K&B!

Hey,

:eek: :eek: THAT'S A KILLER !! K&B* !!!! :eek: :eek:

* _KIL L L ERR _B_OO a DDYYY !!!!

;D ;D

:p

For never being started, it sure has a lot of burned oil on the engine! Also, the skeg is broken off. Buyer Beware! This person deals with a lot of R/C stuff so don't let him act stupid!

I don't want to get rude or anything, but that thing looks like it spent a few years at the bottom of the pond.

Hammer

the engine doesn't look that good to me but that girl does :-* :-* :-*

she looks good!!!

matt

Jeff, if it cleans up and runs, you got a deal. Especially considering the availability of K&B stuff (or lack of, to be correct).

Has the skeg been broken off, or intentionally removed?

I bought another K&B last month and it was a real piece. The guy basically epoxied the carb inlet together, but I harassed him a little (as politely as I could) and he gave me 1/2 my money back.

2 months ago I bought another engine that looked exactly the same, with the same "never run" claim, and it was completely true! It was a 20 year old brand new engine.

I won't know the condition it's in until I get it, but honestly, the lower unit is obsolete anyway: *that lower doesn't have a pressure fitting for the fuel tank*,and for parts, it's a pretty good deal, I thought......buying a new lower unit from gary P is my plan, summertime.

I'm just making my new villain go forward in the water. The only person I'll be racing is my girlfriend, and a few smallmouth, chasing a few ducks.....

;D

Jeff

YOU HAVE TO WATCH WHO YOU BUY FROM ON EBAY. THE GUY ON THIS AUCTION HAS 7 NEGATIVE FEED-BACKS IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. NOT GOOD !! BEWARE!!

Fair enough.

BTW...the pressure fitting is on the other side of the lower.

PJ,

My knowledge is limited on these engines, but I told you I have that other K&B that's about 20 yrs old....that one has a Perry carb on it, which has a very small bore, and my guess is that it's like that to make up for the absence of the pressure fitting on the old style lower units. (Gary P. told me that my engine is about that age, based on that description.)

There was a time when they didn't have them, though.

Jeff

See?! Learn somethin' new every day!

A little drillin', a little tappin'.........VOILA!! Pressure fitting!

:)What K&b motor you guyes are really dedicated ,everything i seen looks great.

The sad part about the girl in the picture is that in ten more years she'll be just as crusty as the engine!!

;)

The sad part about the girl in the picture is that in ten more years she'll be just as crusty as the engine!!

;)

Just got around to checking out "my new K&B!" That's a first generation motor. I may be one of the few guys reading this post who actually ran an original K&B 3.5 back in 1977. None of the parts will interchange with the newer K&B 3.5s. However, those original motors did come with an aluminum steering arm and those are real nice. Not sure a metal steering arm is worth that much money, however.

Jerry D.

Alright, I think this one goes out to the guys who picked on my engine.

Well, we all know the status of K&B making pistons and sleeves right? Made of unobtainium?

Well, this engine's got a new one! Never run.

The pto bearing isn't shiny, but it's still smooth. The inside looks very good. No dents around the circumference of the crank. The skeg looks like it was intentionally removed.

Brand new flex shaft and teflon tube. And it has the slot in the exhaust manifold. If anybody wants the exhaust manifold (for $5)let me know, otherwise, I'll probably end up JB welding it shut.

Not a bad deal for about $65.

Jeff T.

Jeff,

i dont doubt your claim, but beat this [lol] :

old style KB 3.5cc OB with Irwin pipe, unrun and in perfect condition along with a Pheonix Outrigger with everything in it down to the prop and fuel tubing, except radio gear totalling 180.00 [worked down from 300 of course! :) ]

seriously though i dont think you can blame the guys for thinking it wasnt worth it from the pics, if the vitals are new like you say they are than ya did pretty well provided KB will sell you the parts you need.

Joe

Jeff,

I forgot that the flex cable/teflon tube would fit in an updated motor and the PTO would also. However, the piston/sleeve will not fit in the new K&B cases.

Good luck,

Jerry D.

Back