Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Well guys, here it is. The time has come.

The Charleston Model Boaters would like to announce the 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships.

The Entry form with all information needed is at the bottom of this posting.

Do not delay, get you entries in as soon as possible to secure your frequency. We have the biggest names in the sport that will be attending from all over the country, as well as some international folks including, Germany, Netherlands, and Australia. For lack of better wording, this is the mother of all tunnel races.

~James Clegg, IMPBA National OB Tunnel Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, here it is. The time has come.

The Charleston Model Boaters would like to announce the 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships.

The Entry form with all information needed is at the bottom of this posting.

Do not delay, get you entries in as soon as possible to secure your frequency. We have the biggest names in the sport that will be attending from all over the country, as well as some international folks including, Germany, Netherlands, and Australia. For lack of better wording, this is the mother of all tunnel races.

~James Clegg, IMPBA National OB Tunnel Director

The entry is out so let the smack talketh begin

ROSES ARE RED VILOTS ARE BLUE ;JAMES CLEGG' RON BIRD' STEVE PUKE i mean HEARLE. IT SUCKS TO BE YOU. AND AS FOR OUR ELECTRIC FRIENDS NO ONE IS SAFE FROM THE SMACKETH SO BRING YOUR BATH TUB TOYS. AND BE READY FOR A GREAT TIME. OH YEAH YOU MAY WANT TO BRING SOME EAR PLUGS BECAUSE YOU CAN HEAR OUR BOATS RUN AND THEY ARE AS LOUD AS THEY ARE FAST. ;)

Ok guys, our fearless distrcit 13 leader Bobby Haliday has once again gotten the website ready for the 2007 National OUtboard Tunnel Chamionships race. you can keep up to date on sponsors, entries and plenty of other info.

Click ....HERE.... for the Website!

~James

Guys,

The entries are coming in for the race, even though the holidays are upon us and the race is still over 3 months away. As of today, we have almost 40 entries received. We are looking to post to the Tunnel Championships website all of the entries received within a week if possible and will be updated weekly. Contestants from as far away as Germany, Netherlands and Australia have already entered. Last TC race (March 2006) we had 97 entries and we will greatly exceed that amount with the addition of the 2 FE classes, the gas class and the 1/4 scale class. Then the Open class will truly be just that, with all types of tunnel boats running together against each other. Even an offshore class for tunnels! Fastest lap competitions as well. We have it all for you.

As a reminder, as with all races run, those entries received first get first claim over their desired freq/channel. The longer you wait, the greater the chance of being required to change.

This is the largest tunnel race ever held so do not miss it. A true National/International Championship. IMPBA, NAMBA, APBA, AMPBA racers are all welcome!

Hi John,

Not sure where you are with sponsorship of the race, but you can count me in for a very generous

donation of propellers or gift certificates. You never know who will show up? :lol:

Happy Holidays To You And Your Family,

Mark Sholund

Hi John,
Not sure where you are with sponsorship of the race, but you can count me in for a very generous

donation of propellers or gift certificates. You never know who will show up? :lol:

Happy Holidays To You And Your Family,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

The CMB club most graciously thanks your generosity again for the support of this race. You have been an absolute champion for us and the Tunnel Championships. Let me know what you prefer to do as all items you have been providing for us in the past are in very hot demand. Your choice if you will.

Sponsorships for many of the classes are still available. Check the club website noted by James and the sponsors are listed below the classes on the main page.

If you do come, hook up with Walt and drag him out of the frozen north. He will have absolutely no excuse then, distance or otherwise. LOL.

John

Yes Mark, you have been VERY generous in the past tunnel races, and we havent forgotten! The racers havent either!

And ditto to what John said about Walt... I KNOW he has some very capable tunnels sitting in his shop, probably wedged in between some pinball machines...lol

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I must have had a major brain fart.. That is my work weekend :wacko: Don't fret though, just asked for the days off so I'll be there :D Someone has to kick James' butt back to Germany :lol:

Hi guys,

I am waitng for my impba membership number, then I will sign up.

Again I want to be a participant of THE TUNNEL race of the year

( and see what the highway brings this time....LOL )

Ronald.

Hope your boats don't take 3 months to make it over here for the race!!!!

yeah...no kidding. Ronalds race boat is already over there waiting on him, but mine must be shipped. Last year it only took 4 days to get to my parents home, hopefully itll be the same this year.

~James

PS, I just woke up and im gonna let that "kick James's butt back to Germany" slide... My brain doesnt get into Smack talk mode until later in the day... :lol:

Hi guys,I am waitng for my impba membership number, then I will sign up.

Again I want to be a participant of THE TUNNEL race of the year

( and see what the highway brings this time....LOL )

Ronald.

Don't wait for your number. We will add it in when I get it back for you. Being a new member with the rush of renewals may take some time to get back from IMPBA.

More moon shots??? Oh boy!! Grim, are you ready for this???

Back