carburetor question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinquailor

This is kind of an embarassing question but does it matter if the carburetor on a zenoah 26 motor is mouted upside down? What I mean is, is it a problem to have the primer bulb facing down as opposed to up when mounted to the engine?

On the same note, what is the most common way to orient the carburetor? I'm guessing with the bulb up?

Finally, can somebody please explain to me the two barb fittings on the carburetor--the one right next to the bulb and the one farther on the bottom of the carb? I believe the one closest to the bulb is the fuel intake, but what is the purpose of the other?

Thanks for clarifying this stuff for me. Don't worry...I won't pull anything stupid until I'm clear on this ;)

I Hate to send you away from here, But the guys on Jims boat dock do mainly gas, Im sure they will answer your questions.

Dont bring up the "N" word, They dont like it.

Not to get off subject, but they talk that all the "other" boards people are smart asses, I like I.W. Much better. and dont find people to be smart asses, ALITTLE Razzing here and there isnt bad, maybe the real secret is that them gass boats have more problems than nitro boats. they have to stay focased on there board to figure out the problems.

You can place it upside down with no problem. By all means, get on over to Jims Boat Dock. They will help you with any and all questions pertaining to gasoline boats and engines. I'm a member there as well.

Latest posts

Back