Capital RC boaters Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlnoki

the Capital RC Boat Race ( Centennial Race) WILL be held at the DELMARVA pond on 7 and 8 July.

The DELMARVA club was gracious enough to hjold the race for our club due to Tracy POSSIBLY being out of country for Family emergency.

if you are GOING TO REGISTER it is very important to do so AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

point of contact will be : Earl Eber

HOME: 410-827-7833

CELL: 240-832-3238

If you are planning on hitting a hotel for your stay, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS BEFORE the end of this comming weeek if possible. The rates are going to go UP on the 4th of July and will carry over for the race weekend..................................

EASTON HOTELS Comfort Inn 4108208333

Days Inn 4108224600

Econo Lodge 4108205555

Holiday Inn Express 4108196500

Grasonvill and Kent Island Sleep Inn 4108275555

Holiday Inn Express 4108274454

Best Western Kent Narrows Inn 4108276767

Camping at the pond is permitted: NO HOOK UPS available there

PLease provide name, address, home phone, work phone and ESPECIALLY IMPBA number when registering.

Thanks go out to the DELMARVA Club in assisting us in our hour of need. it is and will always be greatly appreciated.

If you have trouble geting hold of Earl, give me a shout during the daytime UNTIL 2P.M. mon-fri at

HOME: 703-492-7337

Cell: 703-609-7725

thaks all,,,,,,,,,,

carl cisneros

Chuck;

just give any of the ones above a call.

i booked at the Econo lodge.

carl

Chuck, on the 23-24 the Econo lodge was 79.00 with AAA. They said rates would go up for the 4th of July. Call the number Carl posted. Online they use no grease. Ray B) B)

Chuck, on the 23-24 the Econo lodge was 79.00 with AAA. They said rates would go up for the 4th of July. Call the number Carl posted. Online they use no grease. Ray B) B)
Ray,

I am trying to round up the gang again for this weekend, so try to pit with us again. You will get to see me wear the Steve Speas SPECIAL HAT AWARD for my screw up at the last race. As of now I know Steve, Jim, Scott and myself are going. I am pretty sure Don Ferrette is coming also. I am trying to work a deal to get John F to come back up for this race and I hope it works out. Had a good time seeing ya again at the last race.

Steve, It was great seeing you again. Better then that was seeing Scott trying to kick the old mans butt. :p :p :p Ray
Ray,

Scott will most likely kick da old mans butt at this up coming race as he threw down the challange on our ride home from the race. If his carb and throttle linkage hadn't come loose on the new stock engine he probaly would have beat me in stock gas and in F mono. He used to kick my butt in 40 mono when he was only 11 years old!! He had a great time with us old farts at the race and is really looking forward to the next race.

Better check for orange paint on the right side of his boat. He scraped buoy two every lap trying to catch Dad.

You can't screw up with him following you around the course or he will stick it in there and take it away! I'm sure his strategy to start last until he gets back into the swing of things will change at the next race. Look out!!!!! The man has a wild animal inside just busting to come out!!

Steve, It was great seeing you again. Better then that was seeing Scott trying to kick the old mans butt. :p :p :p Ray
YOU TO RAY, hey, if i didnt have to pay to fix my boat i would drive just like scott :p
Yea Steve he has to maintaine da boat but dad pays for the parts. Hopefully he will be a little more careful so he does not have to work on it so much, but he likes to work on them once he figures out the problems. He needs to figure out how not to rub the paint off the bouys and look for better options as to when he can pass!!. See ya all tomorrow at the race site, and look forward to another great weekend of racing and being with my racing buddies.

Steve, Can't make race this weekend. :( Have to show my support for Dist 1 race in Elmira next weekend. Bob Morton, Steve Ng, Carl Applegate and myself are going up. Will miss racing with you guys, but will definitly see you at Chesapeake in August. Just can't do back to backs. Take pics of anyone who gets to wear the HATS an post them. Have Fun Ray B) B)

Steve, Can't make race this weekend. :( Have to show my support for Dist 1 race in Elmira next weekend. Bob Morton, Steve Ng, Carl Applegate and myself are going up. Will miss racing with you guys, but will definitely see you at Chesapeake in August. Just can't do back to backs. Take pics of anyone who gets to wear the HATS an post them. Have Fun Ray B) B)
WTF?? A couple days ago you were going ................ :blink:

Steve, Can't make race this weekend. :( Have to show my support for Dist 1 race in Elmira next weekend. Bob Morton, Steve Ng, Carl Applegate and myself are going up. Will miss racing with you guys, but will definitely see you at Chesapeake in August. Just can't do back to backs. Take pics of anyone who gets to wear the HATS an post them. Have Fun Ray B) B)
Don

Danny said he would have a F READY TO GO

Don

Danny said he would have a F READY TO GO
Sweet. Was just outside bench runnin' a new motor in the Smokin' Joe's, gonna have to break it in up there. :blink:

Capital Race, Ok who got er done. Race results??? B) B)
Hmmm, I guess everyone was overwhelmed by the heat! I'll be the first to say thanks to everyone for the hospitality. I had a great time.

Don managed to keep the shiny side up and avoided the DNFs on his riggers. Unfortunately, Joe's stayed on the stand after some fuel flow diagnosis on Friday. Don will have to give the details on that.

RTR got more interesting after we changed the format. Instead of the full course for the entire race, we did the full course for the mill and first lap only. Then we went to a short course by going around bouys 4, 5, 6 and the start and back entrance bouys. To make up for the lost distance, we increased to 8 laps. As one of the drivers, I'll say that the shorter straights and extra turns made the race much more fun.

I got some really interesting pics that I'll post when I get a chance. They show the "other" side of racing and racers. ;)

Capital Race, Ok who got er done. Race results??? B) B)
Ray, Scott kicked me to the curb in stock gas as we were tied for 2nd place going into the final round. He told me the heat was on and he did beat me and kick me to the curb. Earl Eber won Stock gas and Gas Mono. Earl and Scott had a run off for first place in Gas Mono and Scott cut bouy #3 on the first turn trying to keep his stock boat ahead of Earl. Earl was on fire this weekend and won or placed in most all of his gas class events. Steve Speas won Gas Cat as he finally got the boat working. Don won F Hydro and Gas Rigger. I snook off with 3rd place in stock gas. Look forward to seeing ya all down at da Chesapeake Race. Nice job again done by the Delmarva Model Boat Club picking up the race and running the race for the Capitol RC Boat Club. There was some pretty good racing going on at this event. Good luck to all of the District 12 members heading off to the Gas Nationals, Go Getter Done!!!!!

Back