Cant sell certain decals any more

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of good points here. I guess my big beef is that Dewalt has chosen to go after a very small infraction. And the way they handled it, I think was underhanded or blindsided or however you want to put it. Big companys sometimes forget that the very people they don't want using their name are the people that use their product. In this case Dewalt power tools. I am sure that there is some type of Dewalt or Black n Decker tool in most of our shops. With the economy the way it is you would think a little free publicity would be of benifit to sales. I would just like to see us stand together, and send a message to DeWalt that we are not pleased with their actions toward our hobbie.
BB
They have no idea whether it's a small infraction or a big one. They just know they found an infringement on their trademark and they are probably taking the same action they would with any other similar infringement. Free advertising would probably be welcome, but they have no way of knowing they would be getting such, and it's really not their responsibility as a trademark holder to start such a discussion with someone they've found using their trademark. The burden should be be on the person who desires to help them out with some free advertising to submit a plan, before they begin using the trademark.

If your last sentence is a suggestion of a campaign where we all communicate our discontent to Dewalt in the form of letters, phone calls, emails, etc, then I think this is a much better idea than boycotting their products.
Don't put words in my mouth. I made it very clear that I will not be a patron of a company that does business this way. It's Makita for me. This is a no DeWalt household.

BB
I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I was suggesting an alternate course of action for people who don't see the point in exacting revenge on a company that's just trying to protect its intellectual property. If you feel the need to be revengeful, go right ahead.

What !!!! Can not have ANYTHING bearing their logo whether it is for reproduction or not. then we all need to take the Dewalt name off all tool we have .Boy i done with Dewalt tool

hey wes i know how to beat them, i think. what if you made the stickers for people free that wanted them & if they wanted to give you something they could & that would be left up to the person you gave them to. just thinking, give me a call

:eek: So what am i to do with my favorite Sport 40..........

Wes i'm sorry to here about this incident. I'm a contractor and use alot of Dewalt tools and am a fan.......

they sponsor my favorite nascar driver! Not to say your right or wrong. but i know that Slicks graphics in CA got in trouble a few years ago for selling 1/24th scale car grafics. But the guy who has always reproduced my graphics on my boats has done it for beer........

I don't think we should be ashamed to Model a real boat or a real car or any thing and get in trouble for it.

this sickens me to think that they would want money from a guy just trying to help out hobbiest.

the whole world has gone crazy!.......... Maybe DeWalt is introuble financially like so many other major companies in this country and this is the only way they can find to recoupe some of the money they bilked people for over the years........

Dewalt_boat.JPG

Dewalt_boat.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Big AL you will have to scratch off all the stickers before you sell it or they will want that money too, or re-spell it "DeWant" - as in all your money

There is only 2 ways to beat a bully. Both involve making it hurt bad enough they remember it and they wont try it again.

THe presidente of B&D should have picture of every boat in his office and realize all the free advertising far outways any royalty fees they want for there intellectual property.

Big AL you will have to scratch off all the stickers before you sell it or they will want that money too, or re-spell it "DeWant" - as in all your money
There is only 2 ways to beat a bully. Both involve making it hurt bad enough they remember it and they wont try it again.

THe presidente of B&D should have picture of every boat in his office and realize all the free advertising far outways any royalty fees they want for there intellectual property.
I don't plan to sell the District 4 second place sport 40 in 2008.

if i ever sell it it will be to an exectutive at B&D I hear they are interested in our hobby now!

Well this is nothing new.. Two years ago I was going to get new decials for my Miss bud,but the hobbyshop that does graphic work told me about copie wrights.. He would have to miss spell it or ad a S at the end of it.. He had troubles with GM doing decials on some R/C cars&trucks.. Wes you could leave one letter blank and sell the letter to the customer and have them add on to it them selfs..It's an idea?? Darin Jordan If you wanted to do your boat to the 1999-2000madison/go for it!!You know your not going to have a proublem with them or Oberto..

Wow. This is a really hot topic. I understand both sides of the coin here. But why boycott the company? It is a registered trademark. That is why it is protected! Write them a letter. If they don't allow you to use their registered trademark, then they don't get the benefit of the free advertising, of/by you promoting their product. Their advertising budget has allowances. I bet they have a department devoted to these issues, lol.

As far as the free trade, I believe this is two different topics. I'm against any company sending any money out of the country. And very much dislike them building their products out of this country...For that reason I would not promote use/purchase of their product. But not for protecting their logo. They pay big dollars for having their name on certain items(NASCAR). Approach them with this angle. But, if I remember correctly, the IMPBA does not allow professional/sponsored racers....

ups and dewalt is being petty about this.they need to get there head out of there a@@ and let scale guys alone.this kind of thing can come back and hurt both companys ups over charges for shipping.dewalt there tools are cheap made.

i dont like ups especially there customer service.

dewalt there tools are at the bottom of the list in durability

make a decal with dewalt and line threw it.i will buy one and post it proudly in my truck. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What you need to do is to write DeWalt and as them to sponsor your boat. $1 should do it. They you can use the logos. They might go for it as it makes it all legal.

-t

Back