Can't pull a 1450?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Flynn

I've had a 20 Hydro for a few years and I just haven't run it that much afraid of it and just the lack boats . well this weekend I ran it at the Marquette race and I had a blast. Thanks gooycheese.

The question I have is every one I have talked to said to run a 1450 I had bought a few props from Andy and a few from Mark. I cant get the boat to get on step. it will run with a 1445?

The boat is a SGX 21. Novarossi LS worked over by Rod Geraghty. OPS 3280 set at 3 1/2 strut is were John Brown said to set it at. the boat is 4 1/4 LBS

The boat runs good with the 1445 but would like to figure out why it wont pull a 1450.

Thanks for the help

Terry

Terry,

Send me the 1450 and I will be able to tell you why it doesn't work.

It should work very well,I would bet it is too big in diameter. The H-4

and H-5 work very well on that set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Terry,

Good to hear you had a blast with the B boat. They are a lot of fun.

To pull a 1450 it will probably have to be de-tounged to get it to launch and also make sure you're good to the rich side going in. That's a whole bunch of prop.

Try a little cup in that 1445 you may be surprised.

Good luck

Greg Hahn

Terry,Good to hear you had a blast with the B boat. They are a lot of fun.

To pull a 1450 it will probably have to be de-tounged to get it to launch and also make sure you're good to the rich side going in. That's a whole bunch of prop.

Good luck

Greg Hahn
ABC H-7 reduced to 46mm dia, with 3.2-3.5 cup is another great prop for your SGX. Richard D

Terry,Good to hear you had a blast with the B boat. They are a lot of fun.

Good luck

Greg Hahn
ABC H-7 reduced to 46mm dia, with 3.2-3.5 cup is another great prop for your SGX. Richard D
You could also try raising the strutt 1/32 to 1/16 and see what happens.

Walt Barney

Most often the 1450 has to be reduced to about 46MM to get it going well. Stock size is many times just too big a diameter. You can take a 1445 and pitch it up a lot and get nearly the same results but the reduced 1450 is better. The H-7 is excellent too.

Thanks for the help guys.

Mark I have to apologize I was digging around tonight and I found the two props you did for me one was a 1450 turned down I don't remember the size I lost the bag the other was a ABC 1816 -45.18mm with 3.46 pitch. the one's I tired were AB 1450 with 3.8 cup and 4.0 cup them were the one's I couldn't get it up on step with. I have an H-5 and H-7 I'll try this weekend also.

Thanks

Terry

Terry,

Send the AB 1450's and I will repitch them so they work very well. It will only cost

you a stamp.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Terry,
Send the AB 1450's and I will repitch them so they work very well. It will only cost

you a stamp.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Thanks Mark

But I cant let you do it for free you time is worth something!!!!

can you PM me your address.

Thanks

Terry

You need an AB 1450, 46mm, 3.6" pitch. If Andy did cut down the diameter then I would probably get him to repitch them.

I've had a 20 Hydro for a few years and I just haven't run it that much afraid of it and just the lack boats . well this weekend I ran it at the Marquette race and I had a blast. Thanks gooycheese.The question I have is every one I have talked to said to run a 1450 I had bought a few props from Andy and a few from Mark. I cant get the boat to get on step. it will run with a 1445?

The boat is a SGX 21. Novarossi LS worked over by Rod Geraghty. OPS 3280 set at 3 1/2 strut is were John Brown said to set it at. the boat is 4 1/4 LBS

The boat runs good with the 1445 but would like to figure out why it wont pull a 1450.

Thanks for the help

Terry
So, is anyone running a true 1450 on a .21 rigger for heat race conditions????

Robert

If the 1450 is full balde it is too much and even if it is cut to 46mm, it takes a healthy torque engine to pull 3.8" cup.

For heat racing stick with the 1445's....Save the work and $$'s of cutting down big props.

We've runs fast as 74 mph with one on our Nova/SGX combo.

I won the 2004 world champs with one too.

Andy

I've had a 20 Hydro for a few years and I just haven't run it that much afraid of it and just the lack boats . well this weekend I ran it at the Marquette race and I had a blast. Thanks gooycheese.The question I have is every one I have talked to said to run a 1450 I had bought a few props from Andy and a few from Mark. I cant get the boat to get on step. it will run with a 1445?

Thanks for the help

Terry

Robert

yep. i do

won 2 us-1's with that prop. 3.4 - 3.6 cup

chris

Thanks for the help

Terry

Robert

yep. i do

won 2 us-1's with that prop. 3.4 - 3.6 cup

chris
Chris's Blackbird, set-up properly, with a good Nova motor, and 3280 pipe, will pull 1450's with no

problem. Ran mine today with 3.6 cup, several times, no problem on launch.

Back