Canard D hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike If you ever decide to part with it let me know
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
29440gl.jpg

Well brought #2 back to life tonight, ready to see what she will do this weekend.
Brad

Where do you have your cg at ?

Putting one together that's been sitting for a few years and seem to have lost the set up instructions

Thanks Mike
From the transom forward around 11" also depends on the nose build up as well, on our Stilettos that is.

First time the boat has been in the water since the 80's with no test time. Handles great full trigger the whole time, just need to work on prop for more speed
default_smile.png

Feels great to bring a retired boat back to life!

Anyone asking the setup on the prop, this is straight from the good ole Manuel great info!

2hyctut.jpg

However I couldn't find anywhere in here
20pvi8x.jpg

That shows me how to set this up..

jt0vhz.jpg

25ko40x.jpg

Time to rebuild the nose and get her back out on the water. A lot of people didn't know I swapped to the white canard during the middle of the season bc the front nose blew out on the orange one. White Canard was a solid 2nd 3rd place finisher all season built around 85?, but she is retired now and mirroring the nose from the white one to the Orange one
default_smile.png

I got this handed down to me from an aero club member that died last year. I'm thinking of just doing a repair with some carbon fibre cloth to the crack under the right hand side sponson, cleaning it all up and just restore it to how it was before it sat for ever in the corner of a shed. It had a Picco P80 in it in a semi stripped down state for reasons I'm yet to determine. I know it has stuffed bearings but short of that I think it would rebuild and run ok. I can vaguely remember guys running 45's and a few with 67's in them way back when they were around so I don't know what the 80 is all about . I need to get some hardware for it, flex shaft rudder etc. Also missing header and pipe. I have no idea with Picco stuff for year of motor and I know I'd struggle to get parts but as I said more so a restore thing for me and maybe give it a few runs for fun.
I haven't run a glow boat for prob about 12-13 yrs so if I get it to the running stage should be good for a laugh anyway.
Anyway here are some pics.
23721700741_c15863914e_c.jpg

23695761002_648a8ca6a6_c.jpg

23508469900_212d8fecbc_c.jpg

23778070706_ccabbf0bca_c.jpg

23508464280_1932491801_c.jpg

23721708121_2f5e94eff6_c.jpg

I got this handed down to me from an aero club member that died last year. I'm thinking of just doing a repair with some carbon fibre cloth to the crack under the right hand side sponson, cleaning it all up and just restore it to how it was before it sat for ever in the corner of a shed. It had a Picco P80 in it in a semi stripped down state for reasons I'm yet to determine. I know it has stuffed bearings but short of that I think it would rebuild and run ok. I can vaguely remember guys running 45's and a few with 67's in them way back when they were around so I don't know what the 80 is all about . I need to get some hardware for it, flex shaft rudder etc. Also missing header and pipe. I have no idea with Picco stuff for year of motor and I know I'd struggle to get parts but as I said more so a restore thing for me and maybe give it a few runs for fun.

I haven't run a glow boat for prob about 12-13 yrs so if I get it to the running stage should be good for a laugh anyway.

23721700741_c15863914e_c.jpg

23695761002_648a8ca6a6_c.jpg

23508469900_212d8fecbc_c.jpg

23778070706_ccabbf0bca_c.jpg

23508464280_1932491801_c.jpg

23721708121_2f5e94eff6_c.jpg
Can't wait to see you get it back out on the water, keep us updated please

cool boat, love the engine mount

Yeah Wayne that's right. I ended up with a few helis that were Terry's as well as the canard. I got them handed on to me via Mike Young who has also recently passed away.

Can anybody shed some light on who the original designer of the stiletto canard was other than the dagger boat works name, also is there a cowl that was original with them, would like to see what it was, as you can see the mods and changes of what you have in the u.s.a.

Back