Canard D hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ carl

Me and my family moved last year to Los Angeles , cause i'm working on a german/american project (NASA 747SP SOFIA)..

That's why i'm in Socal for the next couple years
default_smile.png

Alex
lucky you. Are you based at Palmdale (Armstrong Flight Research Center)? Well, you should be able to run boats at Legg Lake, South El Monte.

Yes David i'm based at AFRC in Palmdale.

So Legg Lake is the closest where i can run my boats ( of course with a NAMBA membership) ? How about Camarillo ?

Where are you from David ?

Alex

So Legg Lake is the closest where i can run my boats ( of course with a NAMBA membership) ? How about Camarillo ?

Alex
I'm in L.A. area.

Legg Lake is probably the most active (and historic) rc boat site in this region. I know there is an end-of-season Straight Line event at Legg Lake, Nov. 7 - 9, it's worth attending. You can check out lake facility this way:

http://www.namba19.com/Schedule.html

I'm not sure about Camarillo's site, it is a nice facility, not sure if their club is still active? (maybe someone on this site can speak to this?) I know Camarillo would probably be closer drive for you.

Alex,

If you have not heard the "Fastest" SAW of the year will be at Legg Lake next week, starting on the 5th thru the 9th! Come and see what 140mph looks like
default_wink.png
You are only about an 1-1/2 hrs away.

Fri, Sat & Sun Kim Grim will be making lunch. You don't want to miss it!!!
default_biggrin.png

Don
default_smile.png

PS Camarillo is closed for good
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex
I'm in L.A. area.

Legg Lake is probably the most active (and historic) rc boat site in this region. I know there is an end-of-season Straight Line event at Legg Lake, Nov. 7 - 9, it's worth attending. You can check out lake facility this way:

http://www.namba19.com/Schedule.html

I'm not sure about Camarillo's site, it is a nice facility, not sure if their club is still active? (maybe someone on this site can speak to this?) I know Camarillo would probably be closer drive for you.
Thxs for the info David
default_smile.png

Alex,

If you have not heard the "Fastest" SAW of the year will be at Legg Lake next week, starting on the 5th thru the 9th! Come and see what 140mph looks like
default_wink.png
You are only about an 1-1/2 hrs away.

Fri, Sat & Sun Kim Grim will be making lunch. You don't want to miss it!!!
default_biggrin.png

Don
default_smile.png

PS Camarillo is closed for good
default_sad.png
Alright Don sounds good to me ....... and if there is a chance of good lunch i will be there
default_biggrin.png

Alex

A D Canard would run in D-Hydro.

There are no "rigger" classifications for nitro in IMPBA.

A canard if gas powered can only run sport hydro not with the riggers if nitro powered it has to run with riggers

Anyone else gonna get their old Canards out for the 2015 race season?
I'm thinking about to resuscitate my 3.5 and 7.5 OB Canards for 2015
default_biggrin.png
but first of all i need a new transmitter cuz my german ones are not allowed in the us .

Also i need some good tips about nitrofuel.

Alex

A canard if gas powered can only run sport hydro not with the riggers if nitro powered it has to run with riggers
Is this True? IMPBA and NAMBA? What if the sponsons are attached by booms?
It is in NAMBA as I read the rules. Gas outriggers must have two "forward sponsons" connected to the tub by booms, so simply putting booms on a canard in place of a wing will not work. Gas sport hydroplane will include both three-point hydros and canards. In nitro, canards cannot compete with sport hydros because the planing surfaces are in the rear half of the hull, they will run with riggers.

BTW, using booms on a canard negates one of the main design concepts that makes this hull type successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back