CAD Program?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

Tom, I remember way back when I first joined that you had a CAD program that we could download. Is this still available? I went in to the plans area and it is not there. If not, does anyone know of where I can get one?

Ron,

one of my teammates just started on Tom's firefighter .12 [Tom, I would have told you, but he just registered on the board, and i'm sure he'll be asking you about something within a week or so... :D ] he downloaded the CAD system from Tom's link....is it not there ?? if not, the site is dcad.com i think, i will ask him either tonight or tommorrow... try that address and if it doesn't work, say so and i'll figure out the right one. anyway, it works great, took about 30 minutes to download [i was there when he did it] and then you're free to get whichever plans you're interested in, though it's just a "trial version" so i'm not sure how long it lasts for, you probably shouldn't delay printing out the plans you download.

joe

definately a good program to use...it will tell you when you have only 7 days left on the tial, when it comes up i just re-install it and off i go again :)

You should stop abusing demos :mad:and worse yourself :-[

Quik cad is only 40 bucks ;D

You will save that on wood,CA and paint on your first 2 boats ;)

QuickCAD 8

Autodesk PSG

List Price: $49.00

Price: $39.99

You Save: $9.01

This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. See details.

Platform: Windows 95 / 98 / NT / 2000 / Me

Media: CD-ROM

Usually ships within 1 to 2 days

yea i'm using delta cad..... it is very easy to learn/use. it can also print out full size with a regular printer (tape sheets together). great for making templates. I actually got mine from a best but cheep cd rack a few years back. i am now a few versions out of date.

for simple boat drawings for someone that really does not know cad it cant be beat! they say it is the worlds easiest cad.... i believe it!

;) for now i do that, till i can find the right version of AutoCAD to use and get good at :D

Quik cad8 is made by autodesk autodesk makes autocad

The LT version works very well unless your looking for drafting package that works with a solids program in which case an autodesk product is the wrong choice.

I take that you guys need a basic package Quick cad8

should fill the need if IF I read their stuff right, If it doesn't look for CADKEY its very user freindly and cheaper than Autocad LT.I don't know of any one that doesn't have a bootleg of some version a Autocad but without the documention and support you might as well go back to drawing in the sand with a stick,maybe they have a demo so you can look at it ,

there are some shareware cad programs out there most don't work but one is good for some drawing and motion control it is Dancad V26.xxx its not the best or the most user friendly but its FREE

heres link to autodesk no demo you owe it yourself to LOOK at it ;)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/index/0,,179713-123112,00.html

I am lucky i guess. I work as CAD Designer, & whenever i am slow, i can work on personal projects. ;D In fact Ron has been helping me with a mono that i am working on. i use Cadkey19 Design Suite. I can build both surface as well as solid models. Thanks for all your great advice Ron.

Wade

Amazon, you may be able to find a better price somewhere else?When cad programs used to cost in the thousands of dollars ,playing with demos was ok,but when you can get a package,for under 200 now its hardly worth it,and 40 for Quick Cad is a mind blower whats nice is it goes from .dwg

format to .jpeg with out exporting to another program and converting if I read the propaganda correctly,that alone makes it worthwhile you throw drawings up on the net in

no time.

Max

All;

If you are looking for a cheap (free) hull design program...and 200 boat templates....try... http://www.carlsondesign.com/#Fun_Shareware

You will need the VB6 runtimes...available from microsoft... http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb6...-US/VBRun60.exe

Very simple. Used for fullsize boats, but you can enter new LOA or bulkhead positions....kewl! 8)

You can export each individual part to a file->printer, or to a .dxf file for you CAD users. (or a plotter)

I've built several hulls with it over the last few years...and they all rock!

Latest posts

Back